Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Sad day for my family

We had to put our beloved family dog to sleep this morning. He was almost 15 and we suspect he had a brain tumor because he's been acting very confused recently and had a seizure last night. This morning he took a turn for the worst and my siblings decided it was time to let him be in peace. I wasn't there I live 2 hrs away but I went to be with my family afterwards. To make matters worse they have no electricity or heat bc of Sandy. So we were sitting and crying in the dark and cold house. I'm just really depressed. Have any of you dealt with pet loss and if so what was your experience? How/when did you start to feel better? I know he's in a better place but thinking about him suffering and my poor siblings having to be there for the euthanasia is heart wrenching.

Thanks in advance, hope you are all well

Re: Sad day for my family

• Options
    I'm so sorry =[

Almost 5 years years ago my mom had to put down our family dog. He was 15 as well and we'd had him since I was 5. They thought he had cancer, we never did testing, and he got really bad really fast. It was the first pet I ever had to put down and it was horrible. Most gut retching thing I'd been through in a long time. I was at the vet when he was put down and I held him and cried until he took his last breath. I remember crying so hard I fell to the floor at one point. It wasn't easy.

I think it was a little easier to "move on" because I no longer lived with my mom so I didn't have to go back to "his home" without him. I don't handle death or loss well at all. Anytime I lost a pet I had to get another one to "replace it". And while nothing will "replace" them, it's a distraction....

Again I'm so sorry. I know it's hard. HUGS to you and your family.
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• Options
    I'm sorry Sad
    DD1 born 11.23.10
    DD2 born 4.16.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry about your pet. We put our dog down a few years ago and although it was the best decision it still broke our hearts. My parents said they would never get another dog but after a few months went by my sisters and I bought my parents another dog. We still have great memories of our pervious dog, and now we have new memories with our new dog.

Sending thoughts and prayers your way for you and your family
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since May 2011-Me 26 DH 24
    BFP 7.01.2011 c/p @ 4wks3.2012 Metformin 500mg for irregular cycles
  • Options
    I am so sorry.

imageimage

Started TTC July 24, 2012
    BFP #1 June 15, 2013 ended in MMC July 21, 2013
    BFP #2 October 13, 2013 ended in natural miscarriage November 1, 2013
    ALL WELCOME
  • Options
    I'm so sorry!  It is so sad to lose a beloved pet.  ((((((hugs)))))

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. That is never easy. *hugs*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm sorry :(  Loosing a pet is harder than people realize.  We had to put our dog down a few years ago.  I'll be honest, it's really hard for a while.  One thing I did to help grieve was put together a binder with a bunch of pictures of her in it.  I even had a  video of her that our dog walker had made.  After I was done, I taped a copy of the Rainbow Bridge to the front and put it away in my dresser.  It's still a nice thing to have to this very day.  

Stay busy and keep getting out of the house.  It helps!   

DS1 June 12, 2009
    DS2 May 19, 2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageMommaDall:

I'm sorry :(  Loosing a pet is harder than people realize.  We had to put our dog down a few years ago.  I'll be honest, it's really hard for a while.  One thing I did to help grieve was put together a binder with a bunch of pictures of her in it.  I even had a  video of her that our dog walker had made.  After I was done, I taped a copy of the Rainbow Bridge to the front and put it away in my dresser.  It's still a nice thing to have to this very day.  

Stay busy and keep getting out of the house.  It helps!   

I am so sorry for your family's loss.

I agree with doing something like the photo binder. It will be a way to relive all of the great memories you had, and something to look at occasionally when you are missing your dog. We did this when my cat needed to be put down (kidney failure) at 21 years old, and it really did help. Talking to people who have lost pets and understood helped me too. 

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Ten years ago I put our family pet to sleep while my parents were on vacation because of her rapidly deteriorating due to cancer. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. All I can say is that the pain does get better, but you never forget. TPs.
    Mom to Jacob, Henry and Ian Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Sad

***DD 5/15/2004***TTC #2 Since March 2012***Severe MFI*** LameBlog ***

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    We've never had pets so I have no advice to offer, but I am very sorry for your loss :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.    We had to put our dog down in March, and it was very difficult for my husband (and me).
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Options
    I'm so very sorry for the loss of your dog. It is so tough. [[[hugs]]]

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I'm so sorry, it is never easy.  I thought I was going to have to put my cat down this weekend and I was the biggest wreck ever. 

Take time to grieve, and be gentle with yourself.  Loosing a pet, specially a family pet you have had since you were a kid, is extrememly hard. ::hugs::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    I am so sorry for you and your family!!!!! May peace come soon to your hearts!
    Married BF 6/29/2002/
    TTC Since Aug 2011/
    ME:34 all clear/DH:41 DX Severe MFI/
    IVF w/ICSI OCT 2012 Stims started 10/8/ER 10/19/12/ET 10/24/Beta#1 11/2=BFN (beta was 1.2)

IVF 2.0-Baseline 11/7/12 beta 0/All Clear
    Stim start 11/7/12//ER 11/19 11M//10F
    ET 2 embies 11/24//Beta#1 28 Beta #2 23 Beta#3 29
    stop meds Beta#4 37/C/P 5W5D EDD:8/12/13/IVF#3 in Jan

Ivf 3-frozen 3 poor 3day/fet=bfn

Ivf#4 New dr. New protocol=beta1 197 beta#2 677 beta#3 1557
     u/s 8/13 =TWINS 2 strong hb
    Due Date 4/4/14

My Chart//>

• Options
    I'm so sorry. I had to put the amazing boy in my avatar to sleep earlier this year. He was 14 and ended up with bloat. It came on suddenly so I ended up having to make a decision quickly and it sucked. He was my first dog and was such an amazing creature. I was there with him for the euthanasia and honestly it's very peaceful. I cried my eyes out but I'm glad I was there with him for his last breath. I'm sure it was hard for your siblings but focus on how he was loved up until the very end. After that it was hard for a few weeks, I was really sad. And there are times almost 9 months later that I get sad. There's still a ton of his dog hair in my car so when I see that sometimes I'll tear up. Eventually it'll get better though. I promise.

TTC since August 2011, Me = 40, DH = 38
    Unexplained IF. Tried Clomid for 3 cycles. All BFNs. BFP 1/6/13. Chemical pregnancy.

Moving on to IVF#1. ER 11/26/13, 16 eggs retreived, 12 mature and all fertilized. 2 blasts transferred on 12/1. All other embies arrested so nothing left to freeze. Beta 12/10 = BFN. IVF #2 March 2014. BFP!!! TEAM BLUE!!!

image imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I'm sorry! Dogs are family members for sure. Hugs!
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Options

I'm very sorry for the loss of your dog. 

We had to have our family dog put to sleep with I was a freshman in college, it was one of the hardest things I've had to deal with.  

~Allyson 6 & Ellianna 5~
    ~Team green turned Blue on 4/6/14~
  • Options
    I'm so so sorry!

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• Options

I'm so sorry for your loss.

We had to put our family dog down 2 years ago. She had congestive heart failure and her health depleted very quickly. Within a week she wasn't able to walk, had seizures, and couldn't breathe. We knew it was time to put her down when she wasn't able to get up on her own. We had her since I was 9, and she was 14 at the time that we had to put her down.

It was hard, very hard. My sister's both came home to say goodbye to her and my mom took her alone to the vet. It was the hardest for my mom, since she was the most attached to our dog. I personally didn't go because I had worked at a vet and knew the process, and I would have completely lost it if I was there.

I think my siblings and I started to feel better a lot sooner than my mom did. She has just recently started putting pictures out with our dog in them. She just recently put her leash and collar away (it was hanging on a door hanger by our garage). It takes time, less for some, and more for others. I hope you start to feel better soon, and know that you and your family made the right choice so he could be at peace.  

• Options
    I'm so sorry :( A dog is truly a part of a family.
  • Options
    I'm sorry :( We've lost a lot of pets over the years. It's hard. You feel like bursting out in tears randomly for the first little while. Eventually you realize that they are in a better place (if they were sick) or you just start remembering the good times more than remembering that they're gone.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  I haven't dealt with the loss of a pet in a really long time so honestly I can't tell you how long it took. Hugs.
    Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Just wanted to say that I am so sorry... I have a super soft spot in my heart for dogs in particular, but it's never easy to put down a pet. Sad
    Anniversary
    c Untitled
    My Ovulation Chart
    *TTC #1 since June 2012*
    Married since 10/5/12!

*Me: 25**DH: 45*

*DX: Severe MFI- Low T, Delayed Ejaculation & Azoospermia*
    *Working to improve DH's numbers on Clomid & HCG injects before we can start IVF*
    *SA 1- No sperm* 7/25/12
    *SA 2- No sperm* 10/31/12
  • Options
    Thank you all SO much- I really appreciate all of the kind words, thoughts and prayers. I slept well last night and felt a little better this morning.  I was just so wiped out from crying yesterday. I think the first day has to be the hardest, because we all had to deal with the shock and stress of what happened and its such  fresh memory. Hopefully soon we can shift the focus from what happened yesterday to just focusing on his long happy life.  He really did bring my family closer together both in his life and in his passing. Reading all of your stories made me feel so much less alone and it really helped me.  Thanks again ladies, you are the best!!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your dog :(
    **Blog**
    *TTC #1* since Sept '11.
    BFP #1 2/26/12. C/P 3/1/12 
    Dx Oct '12: Hypothyroid, PCOS and blocked left tube.
    1500mg Metformin, 75mcg Synthroid
    Feb: 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI= BFN
    March: 150mg Clomid + Trigger + TI= 4 mature follies- BFN 
    April: Unmedicated cycle due to vacation timing= BFN
    May: *IUI #1* Letrozole + Trigger + IUI=BFP!
    1st Beta (17dpo): 455  Progesterone: 40
    2nd Beta: (19dpo):  810  Progesterone: 37
    1st ultrasound 6 weeks 5 days: Twins!

• Options
    Ohh, how sad.  It's always hard to lose a loved pet.  DH had to put his down down about 7 years ago, and he's still sensitive about the subject (he had her for 17 years!).  Everyone grieves differently, so I've not got any real answers for you.  Thoughts are going out to you and your family though.
  • Options

I'm so sorry!  It is a very hard thing, especially when you have to put your feelings to the side and make the decision to help your pet stop suffering.  I've been through this twice!  The first I was 12 and we put the dog my parents had from before I was even born down.  She was my best friend and like a sister!  It still hurts to think about that day but we have so many great memories of her!

The second was just a few weeks ago.  We put our second dog down, the one we got after the first passed.  She was 18 and such an amazing dog!  It's still hard going to my parents house now and her not being there.  And DS asks all the time where Dusty is!  Now he says "Dusty is with God"... it just breaks my heart!

I hope your family finds some peace soon!  Sorry for your loss!

• Options

I'm so sorry. I know it's hard to let go. The only experience I've had is going with a friend to put hers down. I cried more than she did.

Our puppy is only three years old and I'm already dreading the day.  My friend told me it's the price of being a pet owner and you have to be prepared to do what's best for them. 

Hang in there!

• Options
    I'm really sorry for you and your family. It's very hard losing a pet and it never gets easier. Allow yourself to be sad. Eventually you'll start to feel better. One day you'll even be able to think of the better times with your pooch and you won't cry. My heart goes out to you. Hope you feel better. ((Sending lots of positive energy!))

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Options
    I'm sorry. That is awful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry. Sad
    BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I know what you are going through...I have had to put 2 dogs down in the last 3 weeks. Feel free to PM me

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"