C-sections

Wearing pre-pregnancy clothes and c section scar/pain

Mobile:Wearing old clothes and c section scar/pain

I am 2 weeks post c-section and I can still only wear my yoga pants due to the pain. When were you able to wear your old clothes, specifically jeans?  Or did you need to go out and buy new ones(higher waist band?) due to scar/ healing pain? 

Re: Wearing pre-pregnancy clothes and c section scar/pain

• Both of mine were c-sections. The first time it stayed more sensitive longer and I probably didn't wear real pants until 5 or 6 weeks.  I probably could have sooner, but it was summer so dresses were so much more forgiving and comfortable.  The second time I wore real pants around 3 or 4 weeks when out and about, but would still wear yoga pants at home for comfort. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would wear yoga pants at home and my maternity jeans when I went out in public for about 8 weeks.  I did buy a few pairs of shorts with a higher waist band around 8 weeks for summer.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejllmb79:
    I would wear yoga pants at home and my maternity jeans when I went out in public for about 8 weeks.  I did buy a few pairs of shorts with a higher waist band around 8 weeks for summer.  

This. I am only 6 week PP but I wear yoga pants at home and if I go out I wear my maternity jeans. I am too afraid to try my regular jeans. :(

Blog
    BFP #1 2-8-09 Natural M/C 6w1d 2-19-09
    BFP #2 5-28-09 C/P 6-1-09
    BFP #3 10-30-10 Natural M/C 12-8-10
    BFP #4 1-16-12 EDD 9-18-12 Stick baby stick!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in all my pre-PG clothing within 2 weeks. I had my 4th c-section and was wearing jeans at 1 week PP this time. No issues.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • imageHarrietNJMommy:
    I'm in all my pre-PG clothing within 2 weeks. I had my 4th c-section and was wearing jeans at 1 week PP this time. No issues.

Isn't that nice?

I did the same as the other PP, yoga pants at home and maternity jeans out and about until around the 6 week point. It took me a lot longer than that to actually get in my pre pregnancy clothes-especially jeans. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imagepepomntpat:

imageHarrietNJMommy:
    I'm in all my pre-PG clothing within 2 weeks. I had my 4th c-section and was wearing jeans at 1 week PP this time. No issues.

Isn't that nice?

I did the same as the other PP, yoga pants at home and maternity jeans out and about until around the 6 week point. It took me a lot longer than that to actually get in my pre pregnancy clothes-especially jeans. 

I realize that I'm not the norm. There's nothing wrong with wearing maternity clothing after you give birth. Your body does need time to heal....... 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • I got brave enough for jeans at 3 months.  My yoga pants were a staple before that. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I couldn't wear anything but a dress for 4 weeks. My clothes were super baggy because I lost a lot of weight before I got pg., so then I could put pants on. I still can't wear a belt, so I had to buy something that fit!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Thank you for this thread. I'm 2 weeks out and still in yoga pants 100% of the time - I've been too scared to try my maternity jeans yet. Glad to know I'm not alone and that wearing maternity and yoga pants for 6 weeks isn't that crazy. 
    DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
  • I wore maternity pants or yoga type pants for a while;  didnt get into pre pg clothes for about 2 mos (unlike others BFing did not cause me to rapidly lose weight)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I wasn't able to wear jeans until around 9 weeks.  I had a lot of pain around my scar though. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wore crappy maternity jeans out of the hospital.  The only thing keeping me from wearing real clothes was the extra weight that I am still very much struggling with 5 months PP.  I just got (much) bigger sizes but none of it bothered my incision.  I see I am in minority - interesting how we are all different...
    ***S/PAIFW***TTC since forever ago....

DH-34-MFI-motility+morphology.... Me-32-Hypothyrpid+LPD

7/8/11: Clomid100mg+Ovidrel+IUI#1=BFN

8/2/11: Clomid50mg+Ovidrel+IUI#2=BFFN

8/25/11: Follistim50iu+Ovidrel+IUI#3=BFP!!!!@14dpo

Beta#1 9/8 - 251 Beta#2 9/15 - 1622 Beta#3 9/22 - 12674

1st U/S; heard one beautiful HB of 129 - 9/29/11

OB visit; HB of 166 - 10/13/11

2nd US; HB of 163 - 10/18/11

A/S - 12/9/11 - It's a perfect healthy BOY!!!!

Our miracle baby boy - born 5/24/12

• With my first CS I had a hypertrophic scar that stayed sensitive, but had my 2nd section almost 3 weeks ago and am hopeful it is fixed. My doc cut it out and started fresh. That said, I couldn't do jeans or anything rough that touched the scar. Dresses and leggings with long tops and slouchy boots were my friend all of winter 2010! If i was at home it was a few select pair of yoga pants that hit just right. This time at 3 weeks out im still doiong the yoga pants. Im dreading getting dressed to leave the house if we ever venture out! Hoping it's different this time around because I love to wear jeans.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought new pants because I was fat, not because of pain.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My incision was very painful and broke open multiple times. Jeans I think at 5 months pp but not comfortable on scar. Seems i have a incisional hernia and pants fall right on it. Dresses skirts and yoga pants here!
  • I was in pre-pregnancy jeans within 2 weeks, but I was very blessed with a super low scar that healed quickly with no stitches or staples (they glued me shut). I probably could have been in them sooner, but I was still a bit swollen and had lots of loose skin, so I didn't try. Like I said though, this was not at all normal, I just got lucky. Good luck!
  • The best thing for me was something a nurse recommended immediately post-op. I wore two pads in my panties for a couple of weeks - one where you would think and then one turned sideways, so that it rested against the incision. bulky, yes, but a lifesaver in everything I wore! Also, do swipe as many mesh panties as possible!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"