Postpartum Depression
Options

Jealousy and Anxiety

My daughter Adelynn is almost 4 months old. She is a wonderful little baby, happy, healthy, sleeps well.

My husband and I have been together for almost 8 yrs, and he is an incredible dad. He had more experience with babies than I did, and I was terrified to be a mother. I'm doing alright I think.

Lately though everything just feels off. I miss my husband. I love him so very much, and I'm almost jealous of his relationship with Adelynn. She just adores him, she fusses for me though and even this early in the game, you can tell she's daddy's girl. I feel guilty for even saying things like this because I know what a lucky woman I am to have such a great husband and father for my daughter.

I just can't help thinking that he's a better parent. My in laws are god awful and correct everything I say or do with her. I can't be near them I'm super defensive lately, I'm tired and irritable. I'm crying all the time, my hormones just feel like they are surging and I have everything I can do to try and control them. I'm trying like hell to adjust from being a wife to a mommy, and my husband seems to have gracefully taken on the daddy role. But I miss our intimacy :( And that makes me feel so selfish.
I love my Adelynn so much and I love our little family. I'm just not me anymore though. It feels like a constant internal battle in my head and I think I already know that I have to reach out to my OB.

Thank you all for listening, and being so supportive...

Re: Jealousy and Anxiety

• Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this. Can you let someone watch her while you and DH spend some time alone together? There's nothing wrong with missing intimacy with your husband! And maybe you could also take some time to do something you enjoy, just for yourself. Are you part of a moms group? It is so helpful to get together with other moms and just talk. Check with the hospital where you delivered or Meetup.com. And try to avoid your inlaws. :]. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"