Nurseries and Baby Gear

Skip Hop Duo Deluxe or JJ Cole Mode???

I have registered for the very basic Skip Hop Duo Deluxe diaper bag. It seems totally fine; basic and gender-neutral so that either DH or I can carry it. But I have been eyeing the JJ Cole Mode diaper tote bag in Magnolia for the past few days... Can you tell me your experience with either?

https://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Duo-Deluxe-Black/dp/B000YDZEEA/ref=pd_cp_ba_1 

https://www.amazon.com/JJ-Cole-Mode-Diaper-Mixed/dp/B00511J6IA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Thank you!!

BFP 9/27/11, EDD 6/3/12, Missed MC 9w3d BFP 1/1/12 EDD 9/7/12 Natural MC 6w3d BFP 5/8/12, EDD 1/15/13 IT'S A GIRL :)Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Skip Hop Duo Deluxe or JJ Cole Mode???

• I got the JJ Cole Mode in a different pattern and did like it- I used it for about 3 months.  Honestly though, once I went back to work and we used it more infrequently, we ended up switching to the Diaper Dude Messenger Bag that I had gotten for my husband.  We use that 100% of the time - our son is almost 9 months old now.  Looking back, I wouldn't have gotten it.  It's nice and held up well for the time I used it, but I find the pockets and space in the Diaper Dude to be much more practical.  I was looking for something "girly" when I bought mine originally, but practicality soon won out.  Between those two, I would go with the Skip Hop.  You want easy access to pockets and don't want to have to dig for things, which I found myself doing a lot with the JJ Cole. 
  • I had the Mode tote and thought it was thebest bag ever until I had more than one kid.  It was tight trying to stuff diapers, clothes and everything else for two kids into that bag.  The outside pockets are useless.

Also, the bag started to rip on the bottom with normal use.  I also have to say that I had another JJ Cole bag--the Method before this bag and had terrible experience with it.  The zipper broke on one bag, got another with my warranty and three months later the bag started ripping.  Then I got the Mode tote as the warranty replacement.

I got  Skip Hop bag at Target that is very similar to the Duo and LOVE it. The pockets are bigger and useful, the stroller clips are better and itis wider inside than the JJ Cole.

I will never ever go back to JJ Cole.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the feedback- I think that I will stick with the Skip Hop (even though it is kinda boring looking...)
    BFP 9/27/11, EDD 6/3/12, Missed MC 9w3d BFP 1/1/12 EDD 9/7/12 Natural MC 6w3d BFP 5/8/12, EDD 1/15/13 IT'S A GIRL :)Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • IMO the Mode is too small, even for just one kid. I could fit all of DD1's stuff in there, but it was hard to access without pulling everything else out. I'd go with the SH.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"