Preemies

Birth Announcement?

What are other preemie moms' thoughts on birth announcements? We're proud of our baby, though she came unexpectedly early, but we're not totally comfortable with having her birth announcement photos be of our baby with tubes all over. Should we wait until she's out of the NICU to send announcements (this could be another two months). Wanted to get other moms' thoughts. 

Re: Birth Announcement?

• I wanted to do them but just never got around to it.  I may do one and send it out with our holiday cards (two separate cards) or just put him on the holiday card.  My plan if we do a separate announcement was to include one of his going home pictures that they took in NICU and then an updated picture.  If we just do the christmas card it will just be a new picture.  Also if we do an announcement it will include all of his birth stats. 

I can understand why you might not want to send a picture out with the tubes and if you aren't comfortable then don't do it.  There is no rule that it has to be a newborn picture!   

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Thanks for everyone's input!! Would love to see your announcements if you are willing to share. Or, if anyone has any good recommendations for where to get the cards online, please let me know. I think we will wait until at least she's out of the hospital.
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought birth/welcome home announcments on etsy from FourHarpDesigns seller.  Very reasonably priced and easy to work with.  A link to a sample of the design we used is below.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/95375557/preemie-birth-announcement-welcome-home?utm_source=googleproduct&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=GPS&gclid=CNrQ28SbmLMCFYYWMgodRygA7w

If you want to see Julia's actual annoucement with her pictures, let me know how to post a picture in a reply and I'll do that.

DD#1, Alexa, Born 8/08; TTC # 2 since 3/2010; 8 IUI BFN; 1 cervical pregnancy in April 2011; IVF #1 Dec 2011 worked. EDD = 9/7/12. Bedrest starting 6/4/12. Julia Mae born 7/1/12, home 8/12/12. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Here's the page showing all preemie designs by FourHarpDesigns.
    DD#1, Alexa, Born 8/08; TTC # 2 since 3/2010; 8 IUI BFN; 1 cervical pregnancy in April 2011; IVF #1 Dec 2011 worked. EDD = 9/7/12. Bedrest starting 6/4/12. Julia Mae born 7/1/12, home 8/12/12. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • DD#1, Alexa, Born 8/08; TTC # 2 since 3/2010; 8 IUI BFN; 1 cervical pregnancy in April 2011; IVF #1 Dec 2011 worked. EDD = 9/7/12. Bedrest starting 6/4/12. Julia Mae born 7/1/12, home 8/12/12. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I sent ours out about 4 days after the day he was born. He had the NG tube and pulse ox and heart monitor on. We were proud of our beautiful boy no matter what was going on with his health. If he'd been intubated I'd have still sent them out. We wanted our friends and family to share our joy in the birth of our child, early or not. We received many congratulations and prayers. If they had opinions about tubes and wires, we never heard them. Plus I knew if I didn't get them out fast, I might never get them out!
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We never did one just because we never had the time. We did send out a couple pictures via email but we did pick ones that showed the least amount of tubes. If I did have rhevtimevto send can announcement we probably would have sent the homecoming pics. I would send whatever you are comfortable with.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our little girl was born at the end of August last year, and I just combined a birth announcement with our Christmas card.  I found the perfect card on minted.com.  On the front we had a picture of her from the NICU with the word "believe" under the picture.  On the back of the card we had 4 small recent pictures and our message which included her birth story and stats. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"