Babies on the Brain
Options

Oh the things my family says..

Over the weekend we had a family get together, which is always fun. My brother, who is incredibly insensitive, brought up the fact that SIL has decided to donate her eggs. Okay, cool. My brother turns to me and says, "You can have one of her eggs". Say what? I looked at him and said, "Why? You think my eggs are bad? No, thanks I'll use my own." It was a bit awkward. 

Then later that day my brother is talking about his friends that adopted and the same week their adoptive daughter was born she found out she is pregnant. My mom then turns to me and says, "That happens all the time. You really should look into that." So, I kindly (okay probably not so kindly) said that it actually is like 5% of the time that happens. 

So, I guess that the only way for my to get pregnant is to use SIL eggs and to adopt. My family clearly needs some education on IF issues.  

TTC#1 Since April 2011 
BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
BFP #2 10.1.13
EDD June 10, 2014
imageimageimage

Re: Oh the things my family says..

• Options
    imagefredalina:
    Good lord, that's terrible! I'm so sorry. Signed, the 95 who adopt and don't get pregnant

I just have to remember that they don't understand what IF is and how it affects me. I've found a lot of good resources that I want to send them but I can see that going over really badly, so I'm not sure.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Wow they suck. Are you related to my ILs? Sorry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you made it home without blood on your hands, you're a very strong woman.
  • Options
    imagearagosta:

Yeah, my husband's family is really tactful in this way.  My favorite though came from his cousins' wives:

"You know how to get pregnant right and how that works?"

Thanks ladies.

Wow! I can't believe the things that people say. I really regret telling my family, with the exception of my sister, about my CP and IF. I always knew that my brother was a jerk, but didn't realize how big of a jerk he is.

TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"