March 2012 Moms
Options

What is on YOUR christmas list?

ILs always want my list early since my birthday is December 9th, so they use my xmas list for both.  I am totally drawing a blank on what I want.  I usually just go buy things when I want them. Sadly I can think of a million things for dd but am struggling on my own list

So far I have:

-High quality digital picture frame (I have a crappy one that is horrible)

-specific bottle of perfume

-a book and a cookbook 

-money towards plantation shutters for the window 

-I might pick out a specific purse too (just saying - I want a purse would end in disaster) 

image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: What is on YOUR christmas list?

• Options
    Sounds like you have a good start!

I don't think I have made a Christmas list since I was 5.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I really really want a pair of black Tory Burch Reva flats. I've given DH a ton of hints. We'll see what happens. 

I haven't had anything nice and new clothes/shoe wise since before I got pregnant so I would love to have a little splurge.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    Sounds like you have a good start! I don't think I have made a Christmas list since I was 5.

It has been a demand each year from ILs since we got engaged 8 years ago.  My last one before then was probably about 5 haha.  I would be very afraid to leave it up to chance.  The couple of gifts that were off the list pretty quickly made it to the donate pile.

My family went to only buying for the kids, which is so much easier and more fun anyway.  DH's family just won't let go of exchanging gifts.  Luckily he is an only child so it is just his parents we have to buy for. 

image image

• Options

My in-laws like us to make one each year. Not sure why because they always completely ignore it. Or they get something similar (even though I include a direct link) that misses the make entirely. DH and I have been together a total of 9.5 years. In that time, I have kept 3 gifts from them.

Anyway, actually on the list for them:

-memory card for camera

-flash drive

-book light for Kindle

-tripod

-case for my flash drives

On my blog as things I'm wishing for (MIL reads my blog but I didn't put on list as they are expensive):

-espresso maker

-camcorder

-LL Bean diaper bag (this one I will be getting probably with the money my aunt sends me)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options

A new hair straightener and that's it. My MIL always gets me a pandora charm for my charm bracelet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagelisadfox:

I really really want a pair of black Tory Burch Reva flats. I've given DH a ton of hints. We'll see what happens. 

I haven't had anything nice and new clothes/shoe wise since before I got pregnant so I would love to have a little splurge.  

I went to a Tory Burch store for the first time this past weekend and saw the Reva flats. Super cute!  

TTC#1 12/09
    LO #1 3/12
    TTC#2 9/12
    BFP #2 6/14 ended in CP
    BFP #3 12/14
    DX CCAM @ 20w
    Baby girl EDD 8/22/15

• Options
    I have asked my DH for a nice camera. He will probably also get me the baking dishes I have been muttering to myself about all year.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I asked for a sewing/embroidery machine or a necklace with Claire birthstone.
    photo dff9bed9-7fbe-40aa-8c84-b6edd300a153_zps405bb8c9.jpg
  • Options
    imageExcited30:
    imagecountrygrl5533:

My in-laws like us to make one each year. Not sure why because they always completely ignore it. Or they get something similar (even though I include a direct link) that misses the make entirely. DH and I have been together a total of 9.5 years. In that time, I have kept 3 gifts from them.

My dad and his wife, as well as the in-laws ask for one, but always ignore it too..I find it kind of funny..'cept for one year when they actually bought me a really nice kitchen knife set. Shocked the socks off of me and another year that they bought my DH the black and decker cordless drill he wanted..but all the other years, it's been really weird and wacky gift.  *shrugs*  truly not about the gifts for me anyways

It's always awkward because we have nothing in common and don't have similar tastes at all. Then they sit there, camera ready because of course you have to take a picture of every single gift opened, waiting for my reaction, all proud of themselves. And I have to be like, "oh wow! a combination egg beater shoe horn! How......unique!" When everything I think and feel goes across my face so Christmas with the in-laws is so tiring for me. They're nice enough people just not my cup of tea so this just adds another layer to that.

But anyway, DH says he already knows what he is getting me and he is proud of himself. Keep in mind, he has inherited a bit of that "gets the worst gifts possible" gene from his parents. The past few years he has done great though. But I'm still a little worried. I hate wasting money or money being wasted on me.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    imagecountrygrl5533:
    imageExcited30:
    imagecountrygrl5533:

My dad and his wife, as well as the in-laws ask for one, but always ignore it too..I find it kind of funny..'cept for one year when they actually bought me a really nice kitchen knife set. Shocked the socks off of me and another year that they bought my DH the black and decker cordless drill he wanted..but all the other years, it's been really weird and wacky gift.  *shrugs*  truly not about the gifts for me anyways

It's always awkward because we have nothing in common and don't have similar tastes at all. Then they sit there, camera ready because of course you have to take a picture of every single gift opened, waiting for my reaction, all proud of themselves. And I have to be like, "oh wow! a combination egg beater shoe horn! How......unique!" When everything I think and feel goes across my face so Christmas with the in-laws is so tiring for me. They're nice enough people just not my cup of tea so this just adds another layer to that.

But anyway, DH says he already knows what he is getting me and he is proud of himself. Keep in mind, he has inherited a bit of that "gets the worst gifts possible" gene from his parents. The past few years he has done great though. But I'm still a little worried. I hate wasting money or money being wasted on me.

Oh no! DH's family does the whole go around the room and open one gift at a time so everyone can watch you thing. I hate it. I am always bracing myself for something horrible that I have to pretend to like!
    image image

• Options

My wish list is very short: a cordless Dyson (or a cleaning lady, but I think the Dyson is more likely).

Oh, how my holiday wishes have changed over the years - if someone had told the non-mommy me that I would be wishing for a new vacuum, she would have told that person they were insane!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageExcited30:
    imagecountrygrl5533:
    imageExcited30:
    imagecountrygrl5533:

Poor you!  Seriously.  At least my dad/his wife and the in-laws don't live in town, so most of their gifts I just have to thank them for after the fact, once the initial shock has worn off.  I have quite often been thankful for this fact.  One year my in-laws sent my dh and I a weird looking hollow elephant clock..the kind that looks like a good luck charm from an elephant idol in India..hmmm???  Ummm..needless to say, we stuck it high away in the closet and felt weirded out by it for quite a while..I joked and said, "Maybe it's filled with diamonds?" lol..eventually it too found it's way to the give-away-pile.  I have to say, I do feel bad, but what else to do?  Seriously, do you hold on to all this stuff?  I don't even hold on to stuff that I've bought if years later I don't want it..I choose to look at the grateful side and that they even cared enough to acknowledge me and Christmas..but it's weird.

Haha my ex inlaws got us a 4 foot tall painted wooden cats because I like cats..  where the hell was I supposed to a put a 4 foot cat ..specially considering we were living with them before we moved to the US. Lets just say when we split and he went back, he was told he could have the cat from storage since his parents gave it to us LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"