Multiples

Baby B flipped at 36 weeks!

Just wanted to let everyone know that it IS possible! I'm having a C-section no matter what, but I know so many MoMs are concerned if they have time for flipping in the later weeks in hopes of having a vaginal birth. My Baby A had been breech and Baby B had been vertex, since 24 weeks or earlier- a LONG time in the same positions! Then I went to my NST and found out Baby B flipped and is now breech! So I have 2 breech babies. I have felt so much movement and rolling that maybe that explains it! I just didn't think it would change this late, and I also have big babies- last measurement one was almost 6 lbs and one was 6 1/2. The NST nurse said it meant that my fluid levels are good because otherwise Baby B couldn't have turned. That's good news! They seem to not fit as well this way, they seem to jostle more for space and their heads are so close together! Just thought I would share that it can happen out of nowhere...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: Baby B flipped at 36 weeks!

• Haha.  My baby B flipped at 38 weeks.  I had to have a C-secton, because Baby A was snuggled feet first since day one.  I remember that on the TUES before my C-secton, baby B was breech as well, but the docs said when they pulled him out on FRI, he was head first. 
  • My Baby B kept flipping up until (and during!) my scheduled induction at 37w6d. It's crazy how they can find the room to move in there!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine did this too! Little stinkers...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This gives me hope!  Both have been head down but at my 25 week MFM appointment both had turned to breech.  I hope they switch back.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker DD#1 3/04 *TTC #2 since 6/2010 EDD 1/30/13 changed to 2/4/13 we are having boy/girl twins!
  • My A stayed breech from 30 weeks on, but B flipped every time we checked (which was twice or more per week at the end). He even flipped the day of my C section at 38 weeks 4 days :) Little stinker.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My Baby A was breech from early on. She chose her spot and she wasn't budging. My Baby B kept switching from breech to transverse. I delivered at 37w2d and when they pulled him out, he had apparently flipped to vertex. It is definitely possible for them to still flip.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • My B turned from transverse to head down at 36 weeks, we cancelled our c-section and were induced at 37.  Hoping your delivery goes well!
  • good to know.  Right now Baby A is vertex but Baby B is transverse (but was originally vertex).  As long as Baby A stays vertex, I will try for a vaginal delivery. 
  • That's good to know there's hope for me too! 

flgator - mine are in the same positions but I will do a C/S if they stay that way (both need to be head down for me to do vaginal with my docs).  I'm hoping B will learn how to flip!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"