Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Swaddle question

I am about to go nuts with this kid!! Ok, not really, but I really can't figure her out. DD1 hated the swaddle so this is all new to me. DD2 will not sleep unless swaddled. She has been the easiest baby. She gets a tad fussy and starts getting a little "crazy arms" I swaddle and she is out. Super easy and content. The past few days are a totally different story. When she is swaddled she spends the entire time trying to bring her arms to her chin fussing the entire time. So I unswaddle. She cries and fusses until I swaddle her again. Then the whole process repeats over and over. My content wonderful easy baby has become super difficult and I can not figure her out. I have tried rocking her to sleep without the swaddle and with the swaddle. Everything!

Any ideas? Is this a growing out of the swaddle stage? If so, any tips on how to deal?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Swaddle question

• Try swaddling with one arm out and make sure the other is bent across her chest up toward her face. We didn't get the super cranky days before we tried it, but I was guessing that she didn't want both arms in. You could also try a loose swaddle or even leaving both arms out and see.
  • If you do pacifiers, you could try that with a swaddle. My LO fusses in her swaddle sometimes because she wants to comfort suck her hands but once she gets a paci, she's content.
    Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLoisLane23:

imageveslick:
    If you do pacifiers, you could try that with a swaddle. My LO fusses in her swaddle sometimes because she wants to comfort suck her hands but once she gets a paci, she's content.

DD does this too. If I swaddle and give the paci, and sometimes I even have to hold her like I'm BF'ing but with the paci in her mouth, she gets very calm.

I already do the paci. She loves it and has it at all times. I'm thinking I'm going to have to try a one arm swaddle.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Unfortunately DD will not take a paci so I usually have to breastfeed after I put her in the swaddle in order to calm her down and she will go right to sleep. I have ordered the woombie so anxious to try it out. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLoisLane23:
    Try the woombie. It's amazing and she can't get out of it.

I second this statement!

View Full Size ImageView Full Size ImageView Full Size Image

DD #1 9/11/10

DD #2 8/28/12

#3 Due 10/8/15

• I used to swaddle DD1 with both of her arms out.  She would grunt and fight until she could get out and then would be content.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
  • I have swaddled DD with both of her arms out since we came home from the hospital. She is 10wks old and sleeps 9-11 hours at night. (knock on wood)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"