July 2013 Moms
Options

I'm so embarrassed! PG related!!!

From my screen name, you guys know I'm a fitness instructor. I actually teach spinning. Tonight I was teaching my class....the Halloween mix...and I got so dizzy/nauseous. I tried to play it off, but it got bad. I had to sit down for the last song.....I wound up telling my class and they were so excited, but I'm mortified! I'm trying to keep things quiet, but it's hard with the nature of my job......
m/c #1 6/30/05 m/c #2 9/18/06 m/c #3 9/18/08 BFP 10/21/12....EDD 7/6/13....Praying this is my sticky baby. Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I'm so embarrassed! PG related!!!

• Options
    I've been nausious all day, I can't believe it's starting this early. I use to think all the girls who got nausious this early were all in their heads. Ick!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not to hijack your post but I am seeking fitness instructor input (since my OB is closed and I want to take a class at 8am tomorrow!) I just introduced myself on this board and also just got my BFP tonight and conveniently took my first spinning class today. I have been regularly taking plyometric/aerobic classes 3 times a week for about 2 months and am not sure what/if any of this is okay to continue. I'm thinking since I'm brand new to spinning that I shouldn't start that hard core now... any thoughts on the other classes though?

DD1 7/10/08  DD2 8/11/10  DS 7/2/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would discuss with your dr, but in my honest professional opinion, I don't think it will be the best idea. If you had been spinning for years, then keep going with it. But most drs will discourage you from starting a new activity. Look what happened to me tonight. Always tell the instructor you are pg in private before class! I would stick to more body conditioning type classsslight weights, TRX, yoga. On a side note, did you like spin? People either love it or hate it
    m/c #1 6/30/05 m/c #2 9/18/06 m/c #3 9/18/08 BFP 10/21/12....EDD 7/6/13....Praying this is my sticky baby. Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageFitnessteach2010:
    I would discuss with your dr, but in my honest professional opinion, I don't think it will be the best idea. If you had been spinning for years, then keep going with it. But most drs will discourage you from starting a new activity. Look what happened to me tonight. Always tell the instructor you are pg in private before class! I would stick to more body conditioning type classsslight weights, TRX, yoga. On a side note, did you like spin? People either love it or hate it
    I hate spinning. Correction. My crotch does. I'm a runner/yoga person.. but agree that yoga is great now
  • Options
    Lmao!!! It's ok. My best friend lives out of town so she is forced to come to work with me. And she hates it too for the same reason. She told me the spin bike "took advantage" of her and didn't even buy her dinner.
  • Options

imageFitnessteach2010:
    Lmao!!! It's ok. My best friend lives out of town so she is forced to come to work with me. And she hates it too for the same reason. She told me the spin bike "took advantage" of her and didn't even buy her dinner.

LOL!

• Options
    imagekmc217:
    Not to hijack your post but I am seeking fitness instructor input (since my OB is closed and I want to take a class at 8am tomorrow!) I just introduced myself on this board and also just got my BFP tonight and conveniently took my first spinning class today. I have been regularly taking plyometric/aerobic classes 3 times a week for about 2 months and am not sure what/if any of this is okay to continue. I'm thinking since I'm brand new to spinning that I shouldn't start that hard core now... any thoughts on the other classes though?

My friend who is a nurse for an obgyn said you can work out cardio style (jogging, biking, etc) as long as your heart rate stays below 140 and you dont overheat yourself. Because you can sweat but your baby can't. I'd look further into it though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the answers. I confirmed what I thought and that is that I can continue with my plyometrics class (with no abs) but cannot start spinning regularly. Something of a bummer since I did like it and it would be a great addition to my week of classes but I guess it'll ' have to wait!

DD1 7/10/08  DD2 8/11/10  DS 7/2/13

• Options
    I'm glad you checked! After you give birth, make it your get into shape workout...One of my friends had a baby in April and she wanted to look great for my wedding in July....I kicked her butt and she lost a ton and looked gorgeous! Best of luck :) 
  • Options
    I'm right there with ya. I coach cheerleading and I definitely got winded last night at practice.  Only the other coach knows I'm pregnant, but I doubt it will stay a secret for long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"