Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

rash and diarrhea

I'm going to call doc tomorrow but I'm still worried tonight and just wanted to see if anyone else had experience w/ this... LO has a rash that kindof goes on and on off on cheek, plus last few days he has had a mild case of diarreah.  He doesn't have a temp though and is fine every other way. I just read the other post about keeping a close eye on these types of things too, but wanted to see if anyone has any idea..thanks!

Re: rash and diarrhea

• Options
    Have you introduced any new foods? Does the rash look like it could be from drooling, maybe teething? 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options

Hi,

Sorry should have mentioned that...:)  No new foods and the rash is too high up to be from drooling.... BTW super cute pic of your little girl :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! I hope he feels better and you get some answers from the pedi. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options

Could it be a contact rash from someone's clothing or bedding?

Not sure how that would tie in with diarrhea but they may not be linked. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    My DD had a rash that covered her lower regions and went in between her cheeks, all the way to her back almost. It was VERY bad. During that time she also had diarrhea. I thought maybe it was food related or teething but it wasn't. The diarrhea lasted for about 2 weeks, gradually improving. A few weeks later the rash (that blistered her lower regions) is finally gone. I called the pedi and all they recommended was to keep her dry. I tried every cream out there, let her hang out around the house in her birthday suit, even let her air out her lady bits in the sun. I'm not sure what finally worked. I was concerned with her hydration but the pedi said if she is wetting diapers like normal and other things of the sort (i.e. drooling?)  then she was fine. She was still taking her bottle like normal. What kept me from taking her in to see the pedi was the lack of fever and I was told they have no medicine for babies her age. She would have to just ride it out. HTH! =) 
  • Options
    Yes thank you this does  help!  I don't know if this is related or not, but LO came down w/ cold a day after rash so now the rash is doing ok but he still has the sniffles.  Wierdly, he doesn't seem too effected by it, still in a good mood!  No fever, so we arn't taking him in either.  Thanks again for the replies :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"