Baby Names

Changed your mind?

I'm just curious, are there any names you didn't care for in the past but once you started actively name hunting it has grown on you?

If so please share...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Changed your mind?

• Before getting pregnant with LO #1, I always loved the name Alexandra for a girl.  Once I was pregnant with DD#1, she just didn't feel like an Alexandra.  We named her Madeline instead, which completely suits her.  Now that I am pregnant with DD #2, she feels like an Alexandra and I am 99% sure that is what her name will be.  I guess we just had to wait to use the name for the right person. :-)
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • My DH did this with a girl name that we won't be using anyway.  But I thought we were all set with Chloe because he said he didn't like Hannah.  All of a sudden, Hanna was "growing" on him and a before I knew it, he liked Hannah more than Chloe.  I liked both names so I was good either way...and then we found out it's a boy so it didn't matter.
  • Loading the player...
  • My DH wanted to name our son John Henry after his dad, until I got pregnant, then he wanted Clifton after his grandpa.

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • Francis isn't a name I would have picked, but DH loved it so much I changed my mind.

George is my g-pa's name. I named a cat George (after a movie) and because I couldn't ever imagine using George on a baby. Then after 9 years it grew on me. It is now our top pick if we have a 3rd son.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Although I am not pregnant yet,  I have always HATED the name Julian. Now that we are thinking about having babies it's really growing on me.

On the flip side, I always LOVED the name Joshua...until I had a kid while I was a teaching assistant with the same name who made me loathe it...

I hate to Sweat: My personal journey to a healthy lifestyle http://tinyurl.com/a42x9fr http://i.imgur.com/5PhgQ.png Anniversary Birthday
  • imagequeenbone:

Francis isn't a name I would have picked, but DH loved it so much I changed my mind.

George is my g-pa's name. I named a cat George (after a movie) and because I couldn't ever imagine using George on a baby. Then after 9 years it grew on me. It is now our top pick if we have a 3rd son.

I've never thought much of that name until now, but you're right, it's a great, sturdy name!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think for me it was the opposite! There were names I loved before having kids, but once I became pregnant, I couldn't imagine calling my child those names!!
    DS #1 10/21/06 DD #2 04/11/10 DS #3 01/28/13 Edd #4 08/28/15 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yes, I never thought I would name my child Jackson. Jack, yes, but not Jackson.  Then, because I wanted to name our son Jack (after my father), and DH would not agree to "just" Jack", I compromised on the name Jackson.  Now, I love it and it's the perfect name for DS.  Although we mostly call him Jack, I use Jackson every so often and I love the sound of it!
  • I was so sure if we were to have a boy, we'd name him Lane. Now I think it seems to girly for some reason.

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• Chiming in here because this just happend to me and DH this week!

When I was preggars with #1 I loved the name Stella. Back in 2004 it was not all that popluar and the mear mention of it to DH was as big "NO" from him.

Now that we are expecting #3 (gender yet unknown) DH says to me...I really love the name Stella, but you probably won't. I was like where the heck were you 8 years ago! Do you not remember dismissing that name although it was at the top of my list! LOL I like names that are not unheard of but that don't bring a person's face to mind (we have Carys and Sawyer). And then we usually go with a family MN.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Matilda

My grandmother always called me this as a nickname when I was a child (it's nothing close to my actual name), and I hated it.  Now, I suddenly love it, especially the nickname Tilly, and DH hates it...of course!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"