Multiples
Options

Anyone have a hobby ?

Before the twins I loved to crochet, sew and quilt... well as you all know hobbies kind of fall by the wayside after the babies arrive ! lol I was planning on making my own quilts and doing some crocheting for the babies but at first I didn't want to since I was afraid .... I wanted to wait until after they were viable but then I had carpal tunnel so bad in my right hand that I couldn't do anything ! Since the babies are here and 4 months old I keep trying to find a little time to crochet hats and booties for them ... santa hats, diaper covers and booties for christmas pics but everytime I start one of them wake up or I have to make bottles or make dinner... etc.... I was just curious if any of you have any tips for making a little time for this purpose ! TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone have a hobby ?

• Options

I certainly can't speak from experience, I've been trying to get back to working on a birth announcement cross stitch for months!

Maybe ask your DH to give you an hour of "Mommy time" some or most evenings, when you can sit down while he takes over the kids and do whatever for you! During the worst of the boys' colic, we did this, it gave me an hour to clean, do laundry, pay bills, whatever, but also gave me some down time to just relax with my thoughts. And it helped a ton! Just actually take the time to do something fun, not like my list, hahahaha. (I didn't have to use my hour for chores, I just found it therapeutic).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I love to knit.  When I was pregnant I did manage to knit two baby blankets- I was on bedrest.  I finished the last one when I was in the hospital after delivery (I was there 5 days and still had high BP so I was unable to be in the NICU all the time).  So I haven't worked on any project since- and my guys are going to be 2 in a few days.  I have been looking at my books and found some cute sweaters I want to make my guys- so since I need very little sleep (4-5 hours) I will be starting this project at night after the boys are in bed at 8pm.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I knit.  I haven't pulled any sewing out since DD started walking.  I been so concerned with her finding a stick pin. :(.  Now that I am having the twins I have NO idea when I will get back to it.  I have knitted a hat for baby A and am working in Baby B's hat. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have always been an avid reader. and now I try to make at least 15 min, usually 30 before bed to just read. 

Married 07/2011 <3
    ID Twin girls 04/2012 <3<3
    Baby #3 Due Jan. 2017  <3

• Options

I recently finished my twins' baby quilts - they are 20 months old! But, they are so happy to play with their quilts, cuddle on them, use them as superhero capes etc - I'm glad I didn't give up. 

I have my kids going to part-time daycare, usually so I can catch up on chores and errands, etc. (They refuse to nap at home, so there's so little time to get anything done otherwise.) Every so often, I use that time to do something creative, and now I feel a lot more like myself again.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My hobby is acting which unfortunately takes hours and hours away from home time so I probably won't be returning to the stage for a good long while Sad I used to do a little cross stitch which I may have to dig back out so I don't go nutty.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"