January 2013 Moms

Christmas Stockings?

What do your families do for Christmas stockings?

I grew up with ones that my mom made for us, so I have continued the tradition in our family. I made them for DH and I when we were first married and just got the kit in the mail for LO's! I'm super excited to get started on it and had to share. She hopefully wont be here before Christmas, but I wanted to have one for her just in case (and it will make me happy to see it up with the others). Here is the one I'll be making for LO.

https://www.merrystockings.com/bucilla-felt-applique-christmas-stocking-kit-candy-snowman.html

photo Untitled-1_zps25768757.jpg BabyFetus TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Christmas Stockings?

• DH's family does not do stocking, but we do them in my family. Store bought, my parents are so not crafty, and Chritstmas morning they are stuffed with candy and small inexpensive gifts.

Since we have been doing stockings with my family, I haven't been doing them at home, but I think I may start doing them this year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• For DS's first Christmas I ordered matching personalized stockings for each of us from Pottery Barn.  I'm hoping they carry the same style for LO#2's first Christmas so he/she can have one that matches the rest of ours.  Otherwise I'll have to come up with a Plan B.  Love the idea of making them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We've had the same stockings my aunt made us kids when we were born. Every year they are put up and over the years my Mom has added stockings for our spouses and children.

MIL and I are going to sew new personalized stockings for next Christmas (2013) and while we are doing those I'll probably make new ones for DH and I and LO for our house. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• My grandmother crocheted stockings for everyone.  Now that she's passed away, my mom has taken on the tradition of making them for everyone.  She'll crochet one for B this year.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Growing up we had stockings made by my grandma.  When MH and I were first together we just had stockings that we bought at Target, but 2 years ago (DS's first Christmas) I made the 3 of us stockings and I'll add one for this LO next year since it will be her first Christmas. 

Here are our stockings:

I still want to embellish the tree on mine in some way, but I didn't get around to it the year I made them... or last year.  Embarrassed  Maybe I should go ahead and do that this year!
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • When DH and I bought our first house I made us matching stockings and one out of paw print material for our puppy. This past weekend I made a stocking for LO too. Doesn't take long at all if you know how to use a sewing machine. LO is scheduled to be here until January---but I wanted to make sure he had one just in case too.

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • That is super cute!! I've never heard of kits! I love crafting so I may have to look into something like this! We always do stockings and stuff them with candy, small toys, giftcarad, movies, etc. Its always the last thing to "open".
    DS #1 10/21/06 DD #2 04/11/10 DS #3 01/28/13 Edd #4 08/28/15 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have one that my mom cross-stitched when she was pregnant with me. She did the same with my sisters. I want to do the same for LO, I ordered the kit, but it came with blue fabric and DH says that's not "Christmasy" enough, so I'm going to get a different color cross-stitch fabric.

At some point, I want to make him and my step daughter one as well. They don't have special ones, so we just hang up whatever we have and it makes me sad! They don't seem to care though.

Jan 2013 Mom's Siggy Challenge - Me and my Valentine <3<a href="http://tinypic.com?ref=111ig68" target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I grew up with this beautiful one my great aunt knitted me. When my sister was born my mom asked her to make a matching one for her. We had those until very recently and they got lost in a move :( My mom tried to crochet more but they werent as good.

This year Im going to try to sew them for the 4 of us. I think they'll be cute, the stocking part will all match but we'll each pick a fabric for the cuff part to make them more for us. DH's is his favorite football team, DS wants Toy Story, I just picked a cute pattern for mine and I got cupcakes for the baby.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My mom made all of our stockings so I have had the same one my entire life.  She even made one for DH the year we were married.  

DH and I have ones that match right now but I don't like them long term.  I am thinking about asking my mom to make ones for the 3 of us to have at our house. If not I will probably do matching personalized ones from Pottery Barn or something.  

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• That's super cute! My mom made ones like that for everyone in our family (and has made ones for my DH, my DS, my sister's DH and is now working on one for this LO). She hangs them all at her and my dad's house.

As for our house, I just bought cute ones for DH and I when we were first married, added one for DS last year and plan to order nice embroidered matching ones for all four of us for next year (this LO is probably our last, so I know they'll all match)

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just have to say I can't believe we are talking Christmas already. Our LOs will be here before we know it. 

We never did stockings when we were little and neither did my DH's family. However, my parents where hit by a tornado in 2010 and got a brand new house with a fire place. So last year my mom added a new tradition with her grandkids and got stockings for my nephews. She will add one next year for our little girl. I also want to get stockings for me and DH since this is our first Christmas on our own (we had been living with roommates until recently). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have super simple stockings from Target...  His is dark blue with his first initial, mine is dark green with my first initial.  Since this LO better wait until after Christmas to arrive, I'm not doing anything.  I will probably do coordinating but not matching stockings for kiddos.
  • I have had the same one my Grandma knitted for me with my name on it.  I asked her to make one for DH when we got married and she has made them for my older two kiddos too.  It is funny because no one else in the family had ever asked her before to do it...and now since she did for my kids she is determined to make em for the rest of the Great Grandkids.  I hope and pray she is still able to make this LO one once we find out who she or he is! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH and his kids have these velveteen ones with their initials on them, but when I married him I had just knit one for myself (mostly to practice intarsia...but it turned out great so I wanted to use it). I think at some point I'll knit new ones for him and SKs, and also for our DD next year for her first Christmas.
  • My grandma made some for our family back before I can remember and we always use those at my parents house. I bought ones from this set for DH and I when we first got married (he has Santa and I have Bumble).

Luckily they still make them -- I hope we have a name by Christmas so we can buy her one just in case they don't have them next year! 

BFP 5.21.12 ~~ Born 1.28.13
    BFP 8.14.15 ~~ Due 4.22.16
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"