June 2013 Moms
Options

Intro

I've posted a couple times on here but haven't actually introduced myself.

I'm usually more of a lurker but I'll try my very best to not be anymore!

I am currently about 7 weeks along with our first. We are both super excited but frightened at the prospect of cleaning out our spare room to make it into a nursery. I'm ashamed at how messy it is in there Tongue Tied

I live in Canada so I won't get my first ultrasound until I'm about 19-20 weeks and I don't get a referral to an OBGYN until after my second trimester. Kinda sucks.

I hope everyone here has a happy and healthy 9 (8ish now) months!

Re: Intro

• Options
    Congrats and welcome to the board! I totally know what you mean about cleaning out the spare room. I'm not sure how two people have accumulated so much junk.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Totally. I even have an old arcade machine in there. It's gonna be a dozy to clean!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!  I am in Canada as well (Ontario) and shocked to hear you have to wait so long for an ultrasound and an OBGYN referral?  I go for my 6 week checkup with my family doctor this Friday and hes going to refer me already...
    Melissa (30) & Chris (30)
    BFP Oct 16, 2012 M/C Nov 10, 2012
    BFP Dec 31, 2012 EDD Sept 12, 2013

Brody was born on September 23, 2013 at 6.33am weighing 8lb 14oz.  
    Hes our angel... :)

• Options
    Congrats welcome! Hopefully nesting will kick in at some point for you and you will be thankful for the challenge. :]
    dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome & congrats!!
    TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesunshine2929:
    Welcome and congrats!  I am in Canada as well (Ontario) and shocked to hear you have to wait so long for an ultrasound and an OBGYN referral?  I go for my 6 week checkup with my family doctor this Friday and hes going to refer me already...

Same here!  I live in Canada and I have my first OB appointment in less than 2 weeks.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Wow! You other Canadian ladies are so lucky! I'm from Alberta so that probably has something to do with it. Or I have a really bad doctor - they are in very short supply here and it's very difficult to even find one that is taking patients. Luckily though, we have some independent people who do ultrasounds so I can get mine earlier as long as I pay for it!

• Options
    imageMaelara:

Wow! You other Canadian ladies are so lucky! I'm from Alberta so that probably has something to do with it. Or I have a really bad doctor - they are in very short supply here and it's very difficult to even find one that is taking patients. Luckily though, we have some independent people who do ultrasounds so I can get mine earlier as long as I pay for it!

I'm from Alberta too and I haven't had any issues getting appointments, so it might just be your doctor.

• Options
    image~~Chels&Ry~~:
    imageMaelara:

I'm from Alberta too and I haven't had any issues getting appointments, so it might just be your doctor.

Thank you so much for replying to me. This is my first time around so I had no idea what was normal or no. My doctor pretty much told me he didn't want to see me until after the first trimester. I think I have some calling around to do today to look for a new doctor. Again, thank you!!

• Options
    No problem! I just wanted to let you know not all doctors in Alberta are like that, good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"