Natural Birth
Options

Intro and Hypnobabies question

I haven't been here since my first was born in 2010, so hello!

My first birth was induced/medicated and this time around I'm going to do natural birth.  I'm 33 weeks pregnant and have been listening to the HB home study cds, mostly before bed but I inevitably end up falling asleep to it.  I know you get more out of the program when you practice it often but I'm not sure what that means other than to listen to the cds.  

I'm a working mom to a toddler and just don't have the time to devote to it outside of bed.  When I have listened to it awake, I still can't remember anything.  I do recall the concepts, like creating anesthesia, the switch button, the finger trigger.  

It does say that even if you're asleep, your subconscious retains the information, clues etc.  

I'm not sure how to articulate my question except to ask, how did you put it to practice during actual labor? Does it come flooding back to you? Did you listen to it during labor? Has anyone else done the program the way I described above and didyou actually retain anything helpful that you could pull up during labor? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro and Hypnobabies question

• Options

"sleeping" through them is fine. you'll subconscious will retain the info.

the other thing you need to be practicing is the finger drop technique  5 times a day to increase your anesthesia if needed

you can do it in the night if you wake and need to go to the bathroom, when going to get a cup of coffee at work, etc. 

• Options
    I can't help with the hypnobabies question, but welcome back to the boards, congrats on your pregnancy and best of luck with your upcoming birth!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm studying Hypnobabies this time around (we're taking an in-person class) so I can't tell you about using the techniques during labor, but I can say that I typically doze off while listening to tracks or when MH reads a script to me (I mean, I'm pregnant AND chasing a toddler all day, any time that I'm going to lay down, with my eyes closed, while listening to relaxing music I'm not going to be able to stay awake!).  I've discussed it with my instructor and she said it's fine, not to fight it.  I should be retaining all of the information and that some of it might just be me entering a deep state of hypnosis.  I've noticed on the tracks it does say something along the lines of "you'll never actually be asleep, your subconscious will be listening", etc.

In fact, we just started a new script this week and MH was talking about how this was his least favorite script so far and even though we've read through it 2x now I had to ask him what it was about and that sort of thing because I totally zone out about 1/3 of the way into it.

Hopefully it will all work out how it should!  

Oh, and something else my instructor did say was that if I was really worried about not having heard any of the tracks all the way through I could listen to them while doing something else (more along the lines of the pregnancy affirmations track) just so that I feel better about actually having heard it all the way through at least once while completely aware.  

GL!

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    thank you ladies, your responses are encouraging
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"