Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Question to Daycare Moms

The past couple days my 8 week old son has been so tired after daycare. Monday we let him sleep but after his last bottle at 930 he was wide awake. He is also very hard to wake and keep up. Anyone else experience this? How can I keep him awake in order for him to go to bed at bedtime and sleep at night? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question to Daycare Moms

• Options
    He's 8 weeks old, he's going to sleep when he needs to.
  • Options

imagemrsh0606:
    He's 8 weeks old, he's going to sleep when he needs to.

this. It has nothing to do with daycare at this point, IMO. In another month you can start reading keep training books, but he is still too little to expect too much.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't keep him up.  It'll cause a nightmare domino effect of overtired=hard to get to sleep and it'll be a mess!  Since starting daycare our LO also sleeps right when she gets home.  Lots of stimulation, I guess!!  If it's getting to close to her bed time I wake her up but she is 10 weeks older than your LO. 
  • Options

I would not recommend keeping LO up that could easily turn badly with being over tired and then it will be even more difficult to get him to bed. When L was around that age she was going to bed later, about 10. She slowly moved her bedtime earlier on her own (watching her cues) and now is good for bed anywhere from 7:30-8:30.

I can tell you that I have a similiar issue after daycare, although L is older than your LO. She naps really crappy at dc and when she comes home she is exhausted. Sometimes she takes 2-3 hours naps. When she wakes up though she will eat, take a bath and go back to sleep.. DC is a transition and you just have to go with whatever the baby wants still.

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options
    Let him sleep. DS is almost a year old and his bedtime is around 6-6:30. Sometimes he *GASP!* wakes up occasionally at night. At 8 weeks old, he was up all the time. Get used to it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"