Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

DH Problem Continued

I posted yesterday about my husband having trouble soothing our son and bonding with him. So I am taking the advice from you guys and letting him sooth our son to sleep. Well, he put him in the boppy and laid next to him. This irritates me though I have not said anything cuz I am letting him figure it out because to me...putting DS in the boppy isnt a way to bond with him. Am I being unreasonable?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DH Problem Continued

• Options
    Yes. You're harping on this too much. Not everyone bonds the same way. Let him figure it out. As long as your kid is being cared for, stop picking apart everything your husband does.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't read your last post so I'm not sure of the entire situation, but my DH doesn't hold DD2 very often, but he will sit/lay next to her when she is on the boppy, in the bouncy or on the activity mat. With DD1 I didn't understand why, but now he is absolutely amazing with DD1 and this is just how he bonds with a newborn. DH just can not figure out how to hold DD2 comfortably and that makes him uncomfortable and worry the entire time so therefore he isn't bonding. Give your H time. They all have their own way. At least he is trying!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I agree with pp. You are being very unreasonable. Your DH will figure out his own way to do many things with your child. Unless something he is doing is unsafe, which probably won't happen, you don't need to intervene.

My DH cares for my toddler DS differently than I do and DS is just used to both our ways. He will still run to either of us if he needs comforting.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

• Options
    What everyone else said. Let the man parent his kid. As long as the baby is not in danger, don't worry about it.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    How is laying down next to his child not bonding?  It sounds like you're looking for something to have an issue with. This isn't one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"