September 2012 Moms

Dry scalp?

I recently noticed alot of dandruff in DD's hair. Before giving her a bath tonight I noticed those dandruff are likely from her dry scalp. This is a stupid question, should I massage baby oil onto her scalp to sooth it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dry scalp?

• It sounds like cradle cap might be starting. Dex has something like it too. I rub a little lotion in it and it helps a lot. Worked for all my other kids and the dryness never got any worse and just went away. I've used oil too. I personally think they all work the same. Just my experience with them. Gl!
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • imageOceanLover26:
    It sounds like cradle cap might be starting. Dex has something like it too. I rub a little lotion in it and it helps a lot. Worked for all my other kids and the dryness never got any worse and just went away. I've used oil too. I personally think they all work the same. Just my experience with them. Gl!

Thank you so much for the suggestion! I've never heard of cradle cap before & just googled it, looks like dd has it on her forehead too in addition to her scalp. I'll put some oil on her tonight, hopefully it'll clear up soon 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DS had major cradle cap. It looked so bad. Last night I finally tried olive oil and he looks so much better.

I put him in the tub, put the olive oil on his head and then let it sit while I washed the rest of him. Then I combed his head for awhile with a fine toothed comb. Then I washed it off with his shampoo, rubbing it in really well
    and rubbing a little longer with the terry cloth wash cloth. I read about this method online and I was a little skeptical but it really made a huge difference.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I second the use of olive oil. Then use a cradle cap brush when he gets out of the bath and work in a circular motion. Also, DS did have a little on his forehead and I would use Aquaphor on that and it worked well.

I don't use shampoo/soap on him every night either.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My DS was starting to get cradle cap too. I stopped using J&J baby shampoo and switched to California Baby Sensitive. It made a big difference! (and brush the flakes out with the baby brush gently)
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"