Adoption

Waiting to Adopt Check-in 10/29

This is a place for anyone in the waiting-to-adopt phase to check in.  Lurkers welcome! Whether you're still checking out different agencies and programs or you're bringing your child home tomorrow, this is for you! 

1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? Ages? 

2) In what phase of the process are you? 

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate?

4) How are you feeling this week?

5) QOTW: Did you have a "lovey" or a special security object as a child? 

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
SA February 2011: Normal
RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
Court trip October 2012
Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden

Re: Waiting to Adopt Check-in 10/29

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? Ages? 

Domestic infant adoption is what we're pursuing!

We just finished our homestudy visits and I'll start working on our profile book next.

Finishing our homestudy visits! We will be telling my family this weekend about our final decision to adopt. :)

Excited! 

I had a teddy bear, which I still have.

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? Ages? Adoption from foster care 0-2

2) In what phase of the process are you? Waiting to start classes in January / researching special needs adoption

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate? Not really this week : )

4) How are you feeling this week? Really good, DH and I have been having some really good conversations as we research special needs and I'm feeling more and more prepared and excited.

5) QOTW: Did you have a "lovey" or a special security object as a child?  Oh my gosh yes, my "Lucky" which is a blanket that was replaced at one point and then years later my BFF's mom sewed a new backing onto it and patched it so it would last - it did, it's on the end of my bed as decoration, it's probably my most treasured possession, certainly my most sentimental.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Loading the player...
  • 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? Ages? Adoption from foster care, ages 2 months-9years old 2) In what phase of the process are you?  I've had my two foster boys (14 months and 2.5 years old) for one month today. 3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate?I had a meeting with my caseworker and the boys caseworker  today and I have a better understanding of what's going on with their case and how long they may be with me.  4) How are you feeling this week?

I'm feeling really good. I'm just happy with the boys. 

I had a green teddy bear when I was super young, but I only remember because I've seen him in pictures.  

Me (29)-Aspiring SMBC
    6 home inseminations=BFN
    2 IUIs= BFN
    3 IVFs=BFN
    June 2012-Decided to give up TTC and started the process to adopt from foster care!

Aspiring SMBC Blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

SN from China, 18-24m 

Fundraising, praying, and waiting to qualify 

Finally made the decision to  move forward with our plan in faith, despite having no clue how we will make it happen!

Content, for the most part... Nervous about telling MIL about the change because it means another adoption conversation that may not go well. 

Ep! I had a blanket that had baby chicks on the silk around the edges. I called it "Peepy" (since baby chicks are "peeps")... I can actually remember saying things like, "Mommy, I can't find my Peepy". Ha! 

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

Domestic infant adoption

Had our agency interview last monday. Waiting to take their Feb class....but at the same time IMpatiently waiting on a possible identified placement via family. Emom is due around Thanksgiving (so we're told) and we have NOTHING done!

We are celebrating moving one step forward with the agency. But anxiously awaiting any news from the prospective eparents' case worker.

A ball of freakin' nerves! How am I ever gonna survive this?!?!

Don't remember one, but I have many pictures with me and 8 dolls or so. Mom said I loved them! :)

Trying to Add Baby #1 Since 12/2008
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    Spring 2010: 3 Clomid + TI
    Jan 2011: 2 Femara IUI's
    Summer 2011: 6 months of Chiropractic Therapy
    March 2012: Confirmed Agency, Meeting set
    July 2012: Homeopath consult (fail!)
    July 2012: Start of Agency Meetings/Paperwork
    October 2012: Agency Interview
    February 2013: Tenative Agency Training
    March 2013: Tenative Homestudy start date

DIA

Last homestudy visit today!!!  Ordered our profile books last night!

See above!

Excited still, but bracing for the quietness that is going to be happening in a few weeks once we go active.

My blanket.  Funny story, my dad was raised mostly as an only child, but he had half sibilings that were quite a bit older then him.  My mom and him got married after only dating for less then a year when my mom found out she was pregnant with me.  A week before I was born, my mom was at home and received a package from my dad's half sister (my aunt) and it was that blanket which she quilted for me.  When my dad got home she asked my dad who Ellen was...she hadn't met her at all! 

But the blanket was brought to the hospital when my mom went into labor, and I guess we haven't been separated since.  I still have it on a shelf in my closet Embarrassedto give to our children some day.

TTC since June 2009 DX: PCOS October 2010
    6 medicated cycles, 2 pregnancies, 1 ectopic April 2011, Early Miscarriage August 2011
    7 more cycles, 1 IUI, No success after last pregnancy
    7/1/2012 No more fertility coverage
    8/17/2012 started pursuing domestic infant adoption!
    11/26/2012 HOME STUDY APPROVED!!!
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    When relaxing didn't work is my new blog!

Adoption from foster care? 0-6y preferred, but open to older.  Would really like a sibling group

Waiting for our LW to confirm receipt of our background checks? Perusing the adoptuskids.org website

Our temporary house guests found a place.  They?re moving this week.  So, we can start to move forward again.

Back and forth.  One minute, I believe God has a child out there for us.  The next, I?m not so sure.

Nope? At least not that I can recall.  

Me: 32, DH: 45... TTC #1 since May 2010
    July - Nov 2011: Testing with OB... OB said everything looks good
    March - Sept 2012: Moved to RE.. 4 treatment cycles - responses of one or no follicles
    09.03.12: Diagnosed Poor Ovarian Response.. DE IVF only option
    Feb - Nov 2012: Pursued Adoption. That door slammed shut.
    12.23.12: Surprise BFP (first ever)... 12.25 - 12.31: Natural M/C
  • 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? Ages? Adoption from foster care, hoping for 2 siblings under 5 or 1 child under 2

2) In what phase of the process are you?  Approved and waiting, 2 possible matches

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate? Had a lot of activity after attending our first adoption party! We are REALLY hoping it works out with two brothers, who are 2yo and 3 mo! We will find out about a goal change next Monday.  We also made some headway in the children's room and playroom.

4) How are you feeling this week? Feeling more positive.

5) QOTW: Did you have a "lovey" or a special security object as a child? I had a puffalump I took everywhere named Puffy. 
    Adoption Blog Updated 2/15
  • 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? Ages?  domestic infant

2) In what phase of the process are you?  waiting to finish our home study - we have one more visit to go once the fingerprints are received.

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate? We have finished all of our paperwork and interviews, and are just awaiting the fingerprints before we can schedule the home visit.

4) How are you feeling this week? a little impatient actually.  We have been waiting on fingerprints for 4 months now.

5) QOTW: Did you have a "lovey" or a special security object as a child?  I had a blanket that my Great Grandma made for me, and my mom says I loved a stuffed dog, but I don't remember it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelizlemon2:
    I had a puffalump I took everywhere named Puffy. 

PUFFALUMP!!!!! HAAAAAAAAA! So awesome. I had a purple cat one. Good times.

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

Domestic infant adoption

Waiting

Sadly, the EM that contacted us last week chose to go with another family. We're disappointed, but hope that we get contacted again soon.

Sad. I was starting to get into the idea that we might have a baby in our house before Christmas. Now, I think Christmas is going to be extra hard.

Not that I know of. My niece had a lovey, which was really just a cloth diaper that she carried around for 2 years. It was so raggedy!
  • imageellekae:

imagelizlemon2:
    I had a puffalump I took everywhere named Puffy. 

PUFFALUMP!!!!! HAAAAAAAAA! So awesome. I had a purple cat one. Good times.

Puffalumps were the BOMB!
    Adoption Blog Updated 2/15
    Domestic Infant adoption

2) In what phase of the process are you?  Wrapping up our final home study session this coming Monday, November 5th!

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate? We finally finished our profile book LAST NIGHT! Holy smokes that was intense!

4) How are you feeling this week? Overwhelmed simply because I have so much yet to complete and unfortunately am scheduled an insane amount of time at work this week too, so I feel like I'm drowning.

5) QOTW: Did you have a "lovey" or a special security object as a child? My baby blanket, which I slept with every night. I still have it, but it's stored in a cedar chest in our bedroom and totally ripped to shreds.
    :::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagejillianmb:

1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? Ages? 

Foster to adopt - ages 0 to 7yo - open to a sibling group of 2. We have 3 bio kids ages 9-14. 

Finishing up 13 weeks of foster parenting classes (1 per week). Home study is almost complete - just one more home visit where our CW meets the kids. 

At class last week our CW told us we would be licensed and eligible for a placement as soon as Christmas! 

Excited, nervous, hopeful. 

Yes - a Winnie the Pooh teddy bear.

Married mom of 3 bio kids - trying to grow the family through adoption - either DIA or Fost-Adopt.
  • 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? Ages? Adopting through CPS/foster care, up to 3 kids, age 3-12

2) In what phase of the process are you?  Waiting to hear back from caseworker that our homestudy has been submitted so we can start getting matches!

3) Any recent accomplishments or milestones to celebrate? Caseworker said she should be done with homestudy by end of Oct. and it is now NOV! So hopefully we can get a move on this adoption!

4) How are you feeling this week? Hopeful and anxious.

5) QOTW: Did you have a "lovey" or a special security object as a child? No.
    Mom to an almost 4 y/o and an almost 2 y/o. In process of growing our family through adoption.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"