November 2012 Moms

CPW: "Mom" Titles

Okay, one last clicky adventure for those of us who are bump night-owls.

[Poll]
kids with flags

Re: CPW: "Mom" Titles

• I voted mom, but Im okay with mommy too
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekieannb:
    I voted mom, but Im okay with mommy too

This.
  • Loading the player...
  • I voted SS because it will be mainly what she prefers however we are going to start with mommy but we are raising her bilingual so we will also use mami or madre! 
  • I call my mom "ma" actually but when I was little I called her mommy :)
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • i'd prefer her to call me just mom (when she gets older) but i think it's easier to teach mommy or mama. she'll get a hang of what she wants when she can talk straight.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekissmii:
    i'd prefer her to call me just mom (when she gets older) but i think it's easier to teach mommy or mama. she'll get a hang of what she wants when she can talk straight.

I think things most often evolve into mom/mum when the kiddo gets older anyway.  I've never heard a teenager refer to their mom as anything but "mom" (or maybe "mother" if they're expressing annoyance), but that could be regional.

kids with flags
  • I said Mommy, but it'll probably be pretty interchangeable between momma and mom as well. I call my mom all three, and sometimes Ma. I'll encourage Mommy, and we'll see what I get :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebrenlo42:

imagekissmii:
    i'd prefer her to call me just mom (when she gets older) but i think it's easier to teach mommy or mama. she'll get a hang of what she wants when she can talk straight.

I think things most often evolve into mom/mum when the kiddo gets older anyway.  I've never heard a teenager refer to their mom as anything but "mom" (or maybe "mother" if they're expressing annoyance), but that could be regional.

As a teen I said mommy if I wanted something
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I voted SS. When DS first started saying my name, I would refer to myself as mama, but now as he's older I say mommy and he usually uses mommy.  As he gets even older, we'll shorten it to mom.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"