September 2011 Moms

Not a lot of ToTers

We bought a ton of candy, for not many kids. This is our first Halloween here, but I figured there would be more based on the number of kids I see running around. I gave up after 30 minutes of sitting by myself. Dd you get the number of kids you were expecting?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Not a lot of ToTers

• Nope, but I also knew I was buying too much candy since I wanted it for me ;) At least all the kids who came by were actually kids and not teenagers wearing hoodies and calling it a costume.
    *S15 Siggy January Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance*
    justin timberlake omeletteville gif

• imageGVSU-04:
    We bought a ton of candy, for not many kids. This is our first Halloween here, but I figured there would be more based on the number of kids I see running around. I gave up after 30 minutes of sitting by myself. Dd you get the number of kids you were expecting?

Oh that totally stinks... it's more fun when you get a bunch of kids!!

We usually get a couple hundred (ours is on Sunday this year due to the storms!).  However, sometimes the first 30 minutes is slow just because people are getting home from work and eating dinner and just can't get out on time.  Did you happen to take a glance a little later to see if there were anymore kids? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Eh, I was down there for almost 2 hours (we live in a townhouse). I just think our location isn't ideal. I was really looking forward to seeing a bunch of cute costumes. Though, I did see some teenagers "in costume".
  • Sorry to hear it... what a bummer!  Sad

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we had 20-25 kids. Mostly cute kids in cute costumes. Only a couple teenagers in a hoodie and a scream mask.  Oh well, more candy for me Smile

I'm used to at least twice that many in our old neighborhood. 

• We didn't even get one. :(  A guy a MHs work lives just a bit down the road and said the neighborhood is really busy, so I went and bought 2 more bags of candy.  Boo.  Now I have all this candy I have to do something with.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We had a bunch! The teens came by, and DH asked them what they are. They said, "uhh." DH said, "you guys must be boxers in your hoodies." "Yah, yah, that's what we are!" :) he even got another teen a grocery bag because she didn't have anything! 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We got near 50 which really surprised me as there is a foot of snow on the ground, it was only 15 degrees, and snowing/freezing rain out.  Apparently they are a hardy breed of kids up here.
  • We had a ton.  I am proud that I estimated well and went through pretty much exactly 3 costco bags of candy - now there's none left for me to binge on!

Our street has a ton of kids and usually other people come to our neighborhood because we have fun stuff.  Everyone sits outside, there's a movie on a projector across the street from us every year, and there's fire pits going (cause you know, its like 75 here so we totally need fires)

• We had more than expected! They are still doing a lot of construction in our neighborhood, so I guess a lot more families have moved in since last year. It was nice!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• we were at my moms and went out ourselves so I don't know how many she got (we got none at our complex). Maybe 50?

It use to be hundreds!! seriously the streets were flooded as a kid and you couldn't leave the door because of the constant flow. My mom would even just remove the screen from the door (screen was only top part) so she could hand it out that way w/o opening and closing it over and over.

336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had 81 kids amd teens, I was prepared for at least 120 though, sooo... we've.got some leftovers!

HP super sirius

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I took DD TOTing last night and was shocked at the number of people that were not TOTing...

things have certainly changed since i was a little girl... it's almost depressing.

• We only got 11. Our neighborhood is pretty secluded, so we never get a lot. The most we've ever had is 26, which happened when Halloween landed on a Saturday.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"