Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Those with 2+ kiddos.. moving to bedroom

We have decided that DD2 will be moving upstairs to her own room this weekend and I am so nervous.. not about her.. but about her older sister waking up and not going back to bed..

Please tell me- how long did it take for yoru older child to adjust.

We are on the bottom floor- they are on the top.. so it will take me a couple minutes to get upstairs and make her a bottle... praying Dd1 doesnt wake up. They both have sound machines.

Thanks in advance

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Those with 2+ kiddos.. moving to bedroom

• Options
    We have the same setup - kids upstairs, us down.  DD has been in her room for about 6 weeks and they've woken each other up once each.  I expected it to happen more but it really hasn't been a problem.  H and I each took a kid and it was fine.

image   image

• Options

Our kids share a room and I was so worried about putting the baby in there with DD. I didnt want her to wake up and not go back to sleep. For the first week or so she woke up everytime he cried, but now she is starting to ignore him and sleep right through the crying. its kinda nice since he is up constantly at night lately. ::sigh::

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

All 3 of our bedrooms are pretty close to each other in the back of the house. And the toddlers bedroom is actually kinda in between the master bedroom and the nursery.

But I would say when we first moved the baby into the nursery there was about a week or so when randomly the toddler would wake up crying. It probably happened about 5 times at the most. If DH woke up and heard it then he would go in and rub his back, lay with him for a few mins and get him to go back to sleep. There was also 1-2 times when I was nursing the baby and heard my toddler cry (but of course DH slept right though it all) and by the time I was done nursing/putting the baby back down my toddler was right back to sleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When DD started sleeping in her room I worried about the same thing with DS1. They had their own rooms, beside each other, on the other end of the house from my room. But it was actually never (or very rarely) an issue for DS1. DD and her crying didn't really wake him (and he's not a great sleeper to begin with). 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"