October 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone switch from 2 to 1 naps?

Because I think that we might be.  Of course, I don't know what the hell we are doing, but C used to take two naps for about 75 minutes apiece.  Now, he's taking 2.5 hours on his first nap.  I don't want to wait too long to put him down for the second, otherwise it will eff up bedtime.  Also, he's still full of energy, showing no signs of being tired. 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone switch from 2 to 1 naps?

• Options
    DD takes 2 naps about half the time. I just follow her schedule.
  • Options
    Oh man, Crystal, I'm sorry.  That sucks.  I suppose that she is a grumpopotomus then.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think we're in the very early stages of the transition.  Every now and then she refuses the afternoon nap.  It seems to depend more on how long she's up before the first nap.  I try to put her down for her morning nap 2 hours after she wakes up for the day.  When that gets pushed later (MIL generally keeps her up an hour longer on days when I work, grrr) she often doesn't want the second nap.  Her morning nap has always been longer than the afternoon nap, though.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options
    imagecrystalbaby:
    We're lucky if we get one hour nap. She's only been taking one nap for quite awhile. [:]

This is us! She switched at 10 months
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We switched do a new daycare this week and they have magically switched her to one nap! We gave them the go-ahead to try. Yesterday and today she took a 2.5-3 hours nap from about 12:30-3:30. I think what they did is just kept her busy during the morning. She  used to nap at 10am and 2pm, so they just extended her morning time and then cut out her afternoon nap, beause she's been sleeping until when she would normally get up from her afternoon nap. I hope it goes as well for you guys!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Prior to walking he had a minor sleep regression where I thought he was ready, but he ended up getting way overtired on one nap days. Then he started walking like crazy and we are solidly back on two long 1.5 hrs each lately naps.

Transitioning now isn't unheard of but I think on average it's more around 1418 mo. Varies a lot though. DS has always been a great napper.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

imageababymaybe:
    Prior to walking he had a minor sleep regression where I thought he was ready, but he ended up getting way overtired on one nap days. Then he started walking like crazy and we are solidly back on two long 1.5 hrs each lately naps. Transitioning now isn't unheard of but I think on average it's more around 1418 mo. Varies a lot though. DS has always been a great napper.

Hmm, I wonder if this is what he is doing.  He actually just took his first couple of steps today.  Interesting!

• Options
    J takes about one nap a day, sometimes if we are lucky, two.  It started about when he was 10 months old also.
  • Options

imageChunstad:
    Because I think that we might be.  Of course, I don't know what the hell we are doing, but C used to take two naps for about 75 minutes apiece.  Now, he's taking 2.5 hours on his first nap.  I don't want to wait too long to put him down for the second, otherwise it will eff up bedtime.  Also, he's still full of energy, showing no signs of being tired. 

Hahahahahahahahaha*catchesbreath*hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

OMG we are lucky on weekends if Caroline takes 2 45 minute naps and we are super lucky at school if she will take an hour nap followed by a 45 minute nap.  My baby hates me and hates sleep.  I cannot even fathom what I am going to do if she drops to a single 30-45 nap.  *cry* 

• Options
    imageginamcp:

imageChunstad:

Hahahahahahahahaha*catchesbreath*hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

OMG we are lucky on weekends if Caroline takes 2 45 minute naps and we are super lucky at school if she will take an hour nap followed by a 45 minute nap.  My baby hates me and hates sleep.  I cannot even fathom what I am going to do if she drops to a single 30-45 nap.  *cry* 

Oh no, I'm so sorry!  Carson didn't sleep more than 30 minutes at a time until he was 7 or 8 months.  I can feel your pain, those were bad days.  I'm sure your baby doesn't hate you, that's not very nice to say!

• Options

L's naps can vary from day to day. She usually takes a morning (I use that term loosely) nap around 11 or 12.. sometimes it's for over an hour, sometimes (like today) it's only 35 minutes.

She fights sleep like you wouldn't believe. I'm lucky if she takes a 2nd nap, which can be anywhere from 20-40 minutes, around 4pm.

If she doesn't take her 2nd nap, she's in bed no later than 7pm. If she does take a 2nd nap, she's usually in bed around 8-830.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    He used to take two naps per day, but then switched right around 12 months to just one midday nap (1-2 hours). I didn't do anything special, just followed his lead.
  • Options

I think when bubba was between 7-8mths he went onto his 12-13hr day.

After he wakes, he?s up for 4hrs

Then a nap for 2.5hrs, maybe 3 hrs

Then up for 5.5 to 6hrs.

Then bed and he sleeps without waking till morning

Suits us fine, especially as he chose it himself.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LO took two 45 min naps until around 10 months, then she quit her afternoon nap and evenings were hell. I asked day care to put her down a little later and give her the 'toddler' nap schedule where they have community nap from 1130-wake up. She swapped with out a problem and sleeps 1130-130 now.
  • Options
    DS takes one early afternoon nap for 2-3 hours.
  • Options
    DS stopped taking his morning nap about a month ago.  Now he just goes to sleep after lunch and sleeps for 2-3 hours.  It actually seems to be working out better and easier for us.  It splits the day in half and he's less cranky late in the day.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagekujayhawkgirl:
    We switched do a new daycare this week and they have magically switched her to one nap! We gave them the go-ahead to try. Yesterday and today she took a 2.5-3 hours nap from about 12:30-3:30. I think what they did is just kept her busy during the morning. She  used to nap at 10am and 2pm, so they just extended her morning time and then cut out her afternoon nap, beause she's been sleeping until when she would normally get up from her afternoon nap. I hope it goes as well for you guys!

When Brooke is home from daycare, she naps 1-2 times.  Usually once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

But, at daycare, she skips her morining nap (probably because she's having so much fun) and takes a longer afternoon nap.

• Options
    We have been down to one nap since the beginning of summer, but it is one gloriously long nap.  I put her down between 12-1pm and she sleeps to 4pm. 
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Options
    we had to switch DD to 1 nap around 9months.  she would go down for her morning nap great however she refused her 2nd nap so she was going from 12-7pm w/o a nap and was horrendous!  So, i pushed her morning nap back to 12:30pm and that seemed to do the trick.  GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"