Stay at Home Moms

Halloween Fail

I was so excited to celebrate DS's first Halloween. Since he is still little we were going to dress him up in his adorable monkey costume and go to the little street fair they were having instead of trick or treating. We had a busy day though....we went to the duck pond in the morning with our play group. Then we met DH for lunch and walked around Toys R Us for a little while and picked out a toy.
By the time we got home it was close to 4 and I put him down for a late nap. He woke up an hour later extremely cranky and had an absolute melt down when I put him in his costume and there was no way we were going to be able to go anywhere. He went to bed an hour later.
It's totally my fault. I packed too much in one day and he got an hour afternoon nap in the car. He is also cutting two teeth and normally goes to bed around 6pm anyway. I just am really bumming we didn't do anything special for for him for his 1st Halloween :
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Halloween Fail

• Aww, shoot. I'm sorry. That's happened to me many times before, where I have something exciting planned and DD's too cranky to participate. Total bummer :( Dress him up tomorrow just for fun! You should at least enjoy the costume and get some fun pics! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• that happened with us on DD's first halloween, just dress him up later and get some cute pics, and you will have a story to tell him later thats different than the we took you to so and so's for your first halloween. You can say he had an action packed day and tell him about all the fun things he did like eat lunch with dad and feed ducks
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry!  It happens.  DD almost missed her third Halloween by falling asleep on our couch about an hour before TOT.  She just started not taking naps so there are days yet where she will fall asleep after dinner even though she refused a nap earlier.  Last night was one of those nights.  I guess the hour nap she got was enough because as soon as she heard the kids she woke up. 

I wish I would have gotten a picture because she was dressed up as Sleeping Beauty and curled up on our couch fast asleep.  Unfortunately, I didn't think about it until it was too late.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would say that's just about the worst age to have a 1st Halloween or any holiday really. They are not as easy to deal with at that age. They're much more picky/on a schedule, etc. We celebrated DD's 1st Halloween when she was 3 months. We just slapped her in a costume and put her in her carseat. Sorry it didn't go the way you wanted it, but next year will be great!
  • Thanks! I think I needed some sleep as well... I feel a lot better this morning : We are going to dress him up after his nap and try to get some good pics. Have to be flexible with babies!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"