August 2012 Moms

being in the car is ridiculous

It doesn't matter if it's for 5 minutes or 5 hours. LO goes bat sht crazy the entire time. I don't know what to do. A friend mentioned just making her get used to it...well I'll end up driving off a cliff if I do that with the CIO in the car method. When I know there's nothing wrong other than she's pissed she can't move and be entertained what else can i do?!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: being in the car is ridiculous

• You can try getting her a mirror so she doesn't feel like she is alone.  I got mine at BRU and it is pretty bland but my cousin said she got one at Walmart that had lots of bright colors and it made music that was on a remote control.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Absolutely nothing.  You just have to deal. Or stay at home, lol...  Its nothing you're doing wrong.  She just doesn't like it.  Unless she's in pain or something.  But yeah, it sucks but nothing you can do.  Do you have a mirror to see her?  I have a mirror that goes on the head rest on the backseat in front of LO.  I can see him through my rearview mirror.  Might help.

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• Loading the player...
  • Have you tried taking the head support out of the car seat? It helped us out. She still isn't a huge fan of the car seat, but she tolerates it a lot more than she used to. Some babies it helps to put them in a convertible seat too, but I don't know if I could live without the carrier. But ditto PP...some babies just don't like it. Not a whole lot you can do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No advice here except to say that you're not alone!  DS2 HATES being in the car.  And, just an FYI, when we had our carseats inspected, the officer told us that all carseat toys, mirrors, etc are not recommended because they can become projectiles in the event of a crash.  I know it's nice to be able to see your LO, but they're not particularly safe.  DS2 knows that he's not alone in the car because he can see DS1 (forward-facing, next to him) and hear us talking......he still hates it!

Good luck!

• I stick my ipod in his car seat with the white noise app going...works like a charm every time.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• What about putting her in her car seat at home and getting her used to it and feeling safe in it?
    BFP # 2 9/25/14
    Official Due Date 5/29/15 & HB 143 on 10/13; 11/25 Harmony Results perfect & it's a Girl!

Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

Off BCP 5/2009
    TTC since July 2010
    DH's SA = Normal!
    Hysteroscopy 2/2011
    50mg Clomid / Progesterone 77.5 April 2011 = BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 53 May 2011= BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 44.3 June 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 15.7 July 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 14 August 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 32 September 2011=BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 14.9 October 2011=BFN
    First RE Appointment 11/2011
    Hysteroscopy 11/2011 & on Med break
    12/2011 Diagnosed with PCOS (Insulin Resistant)
    12/2011 Adding 1000 MG Metformin per day
    12/14/11 BFP
    Beta #1 664 Beta #2 3330 Beta #3 6160 Beta #4 19546
    Official Due Date 8/18/12 & HB 147 on 1/3; HB 171on  1/19
    Pre-term labor @ 29W bed-rest till Emergency C-Section

IT'S A GIRL

• If your LO isn't hot or cold, not hurting, not hungry... You can't really do anything. My LO is fine in the car unless we stop for too long. Also got him a mirror that he loves now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a mirror that is attatched to the backseat headrest on the drivers side (there's no place to put it in the middle where she is) so I can see her, and she can see herself but she can't see me or dh. Usually when we drive together I sit in back with her and she still goes crazy. I will probably try taking the head cushion out. I have the chicco keyfit 30 and I read on a previous thread that some babies don't like how bucket like it is...that may be her problem. I just hate how miserable it makes her, and me when there's nothing I can do but try to get us home as fast as I can.

To a PP...I usually do stay home for this reason! But after almost 3 months a woman's gotta get the heck out of the house!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Sitting in the back is harmless now, but it is a hard habit to break. I personally wouldn't make it a habit even if it makes things easier, but maybe that's just me??

Sorry you're having a rough time :
  • imageanbeck4:
    I stick my ipod in his car seat with the white noise app going...works like a charm every time.

Ditto 

• imagelatnprincess:
    Absolutely nothing.  You just have to deal. Or stay at home, lol...  Its nothing you're doing wrong.  She just doesn't like it. 

This!  Unless there is somewhere I need to go (doctor, etc) I just stay home (she also hates strollers!).  I'd rather not hear her scream for the entire ride.  When we do go somewhere I try to have someone else with me for moral support and to help distract her in the back seat.

• imageGrins04:
    Sitting in the back is harmless now, but it is a hard habit to break. I personally wouldn't make it a habit even if it makes things easier, but maybe that's just me?? Sorry you're having a rough time :

The only reason I do it is because I know she'll go crazy so I'm already back there to try and calm her down.

BabyFetus Ticker

• imagedanielle2583:

imageGrins04:
    Sitting in the back is harmless now, but it is a hard habit to break. I personally wouldn't make it a habit even if it makes things easier, but maybe that's just me?? Sorry you're having a rough time :

The only reason I do it is because I know she'll go crazy so I'm already back there to try and calm her down.

I completely understand :)  I was just mentioning it, because in another month or so she's going to want you back there every time since she's used to it and the crying is only going to get worse.  But I do understand, and I don't blame you for wanting to.  I have a baby who hates the car too.  The only thing that keeps her happy is if the car is moving (and taking that head support out lol).  I hope it gets easier for you!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"