Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

missed period

Ive been off of birth control for almost 3 months. Had 2 periods regularly but after my second period went away a few days after I thought I was getting it back but didnt even bleed enough to use more than one tampon. Didnt think much of it at the time and the 3rd time it was time to ovulate we never had sex because I had my wisdom teeth removed on those days and now I should have gotten my period a week ago and no signs of it. Ive taken a couple pregnancy tests but come back negative. Dont really have any symptoms either other than a missed period. Going to take another test in a week and if negative again im going to call my doctor. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. was thinking it was just my body being goofy from being on birth control for sooo many years but when I had 2 normal periods then no period made me think otherwise. I hope im pregnant but im thinking thats not the case. any input would be great

Re: missed period

• Options
    Only insight I have, would be for you to read the newbie link.

O was born Aug 13!  <3 B.B.F.L

image Why,Yes! I HAVE missed you both!image

• Options

imageCharmedBAcMF:

Definitely this. You probably O'd later than you thought you did.

My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's normal to have wacky periods coming off bcp. Negative hpt = not pregnant. Call your dr after 60 days of no period.

Dx: Endometriosis (2010), PCOS (2013)

TTC since 8/2012

BFP 3/9/2014  Femara 7mg + trigger. EDD 11/20/2014

http://amycookiemonster.blogspot.com

• Options

Input on what? I had to read your second sentence like 3 times to even try to get what you are saying. What are you asking?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTGP March Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    Oh FFS.

1. It's normal to have wonky cycles. You're body isn't always going to be "like clockwork".
    2. You probably ovulated late, hence the "missed period" that isn't really missed.
    3. Test 1x a week until you get a BFP or hit CD60. If you get to CD60, call your Dr.

And finally, read the damn newbie link at the top of the board.
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• Options
    The general suggestion is test until you get a positive, your period or reach 60 day cycle without either at which point you should call your doctor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Read the newbie link and maybe introduce yourself before you start fishing?
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    :::cracks knuckles:::

Edumacate your self by lurking, reading newbie link, fertility friend, and possibly TCOYF.

Yep, edumacate.
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Options
    imageChuggingWater:
    Edumacate

You're speaking their language. They should understand.
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• Options
    imageCMSullivan326:
    imageChuggingWater:
    Edumacate
    You're speaking their language. They should understand.

That was my hope.

Now, off to raid DS's candy bucket.  

I'm ticked he only got ONE package of dots this year!  One!
    imageimage
    induction due to HELLP

• Options
    I have a hard time missing my period. It always seems to find me.
  • Options
    Upon further inspection, OP, periods aren't missing--- your apostrophes are.
    imageimage
    induction due to HELLP

• Options

definitely read the newbie link. 

As for this particular issue, when I got off the pill my first two cycles were both about the same length but a good two weeks shorter than my third cycle. And thereafter my cycles were long (43 days or so) until I conceived (I'm on this board now trying for #2).

You should chart your temps to see when you're ovulating; otherwise you'll have no idea of when to expect AF and will test like crazy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You got your wisdom teeth out this cycle? I dunno, the procedure probably messed with you a teensy bit. Don't sweat it.

The newbie link people are referring to is in the green box at the top of the thread.

Good luck! 

I promise to never forget that this little dude deserves just as much love after the baby comes as he has now.
    imageimageimageimage
    Me & H: 28 TTC #1 since 7/12...come on baby!
  • Options

If I am reading this correctly, you didn't have sex during what you think was your FW, but you're wondering if you're pregnant?  If so, no you're not.

If you don't know when you ovulated, you can't know if you are late or not.  You probably ovulated later than usual, thus causing your period to be later than usual.  Your cycles can be wonky for a while after BC just because you had two normal ones before means nothing.

If you test negative, do not waste your doctor's time.  A negative test means you are not pregnant.  Test once a week, THEN call your doctor once you get a positive or you reach 60 days without a period.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    I'm sorry, but multiple negative pregnancy tests most likely means that you are not pregnant at this time.

If you get a negative test in a week there is no reason to see your doctor about that. However, if you go a total of 2 months [60 days] without a positive test or your period then I would make an appointment. At that point your doctor can prescribe medication to jump start your period.

My doctor requests that I wait a total of 90 days. This not common as I understand, but my doc is always a "watch and wait" practice that favors minimal intervention unless they think it absolutely necessary.

Good luck. Don't worry about the occasional wacky cycle. It happens.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I've missed every other period since coming off birth control. I'm currently on cycle day 51, I'm not pregnant my body is just adjusting. Read newbie link.
  • Options
    imageCharmedBAcMF:
    Anniversary
    c Untitled
    My Ovulation Chart
    *TTC #1 since June 2012*
    Married since 10/5/12!

*Me: 25**DH: 45*

*DX: Severe MFI- Low T, Delayed Ejaculation & Azoospermia*
    *Working to improve DH's numbers on Clomid & HCG injects before we can start IVF*
    *SA 1- No sperm* 7/25/12
    *SA 2- No sperm* 10/31/12
  • Options

*Bump burp*

imageCharmedBAcMF:

Yes

Btw, your animated gif makes me LOL everytime Big Smile

Anniversary
    c Untitled
    My Ovulation Chart
    *TTC #1 since June 2012*
    Married since 10/5/12!

*Me: 25**DH: 45*

*DX: Severe MFI- Low T, Delayed Ejaculation & Azoospermia*
    *Working to improve DH's numbers on Clomid & HCG injects before we can start IVF*
    *SA 1- No sperm* 7/25/12
    *SA 2- No sperm* 10/31/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"