Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

College Basketball

Anyone else getting excited for the start of college basketball?  Who is your team(s) and how do you think they will do?

Ohio State and Cincinnati should both have good years.  I think the Buckeyes are a little overrated to start the year, but I could see them up there at the end.  They have a lot of production to replace and a lot of question marks stepping into those roles.

Re: College Basketball

• Options

KU Jayhawks for us. They better do great or I'm gonna be pissed. lol 

• Options
    Penn State fan... excited for the women's season, the men not so much.
    there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My team is the #1 Indiana Hoosiers, expecting great things, possibly a national championship.
  • Options
    Go Badgers!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A lot of Big Ten fans here!  I know we have some SEC fans on this board, but I guess they don't show up during basketball season.

• Options

On Wisconsin!!

Sadly, we lost our starting PG last week, so it could be a long year for Bucky.  Bo Ryan will have them playing tough, but the talent is just not enough to compete for the Big Ten title this season.  They will make the tourny, and may not even get past the first weekend.

Go Bucky!!!

• Options

I went to a crappy D1 school - American University. If we ever get into the dance it's as a 15 or 16 seed.

So mostly I just root for the Gophers since I live n MN these days (sorry ladyjenna).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

SEC fan checking in.

I am really excited about BB season starting up (esp since football is becoming a downer!).

After Bruce Pearl revived life into the TN BB program I was a bit skeptical with the new coach, Cuonzo Martin. However- I am very confident in him now. He is a great recruiter and is bringing some talent to TN. I fully expect us to finish second in SEC-East behind Kentucky. Stokes and Maymon are going to be beasts this year.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageRockyTopVols:

SEC fan checking in.

I am really excited about BB season starting up (esp since football is becoming a downer!).

After Bruce Pearl revived life into the TN BB program I was a bit skeptical with the new coach, Cuonzo Martin. However- I am very confident in him now. He is a great recruiter and is bringing some talent to TN. I fully expect us to finish second in SEC-East behind Kentucky. Stokes and Maymon are going to be beasts this year.  

I attended the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee when Perl led is to the Sweet Sixteen.  It was an amazing time and I am so glad that I got to experience that when I was a student there.

He is a great, great guy, but was always real shady when it came to following NCAA rules.

• Options
    imageladyjenna13:
    imageRockyTopVols:

SEC fan checking in.

He is a great, great guy, but was always real shady when it came to following NCAA rules.

Yeah it is a shame. He brings a ton of energy to a program and was very active here doing community out-reach programs, etc.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Bruce Pearl doesn't hold a candle to Kelvin Sampson though.  How he ever got hired at IU is beyond me.  At least we are back now.
  • Options

imageColtsdad:
    Bruce Pearl doesn't hold a candle to Kelvin Sampson though.  How he ever got hired at IU is beyond me.  At least we are back now.

Yeah, he is an assistant with the Bucks now.  His whole NCCA coaching record reads like a blotter. I don't think he will ever get job in the NCAA again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"