December 2012 Moms
Options

Off work-feels strange...

Last weekend I had a short run of SVT, pulse 210+, and I've had baseline tachycardia since (100-130). At the time I was put off for one week to have some tests done and I was excited to arrange the clothes in the nursery and start sewing Christmas gifts. I found out yesterday that even though everything seems fine, my OB prefers me to stay off work (I was going to go off in 2 weeks anyway because I work in ER and they don't have the staff to accommodate lifting restrictions). So I'm officially done work. Crazy. I'm not allowed strenuous activity, but I'm still low risk and not on bed rest. I guess I'm a housewife for the next 8 weeks. I haven't had this much time off since I was 13-any suggestions for not going crazy?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Off work-feels strange...

• Options
    Naps, prep some freezer meals if you have not already, if you plan to online grocherie shopping, you can preset up shopping lists because that seemed to take a lot of time a number of years back when I tried it. Also writing your thank you notes, bake and freeze your holiday cookies now, and if you have not already read a good book while you have time. Bet others have ideas as welll....
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    you mentioned sewing, but what about other crafts? I like to make cards, so I would love to have time to work on that. I also like to crochet. Are there any other things around the house that you need to work on? DH and I still want to go through things at our place and get rid of stuff we don't use. Do you have any friends that do not work that stay at home with their kids? If so, why don't you see about getting together with them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Get on a new routine. This helped me when I had to stop working early on. Pick a good book to read cover to cover a week and keep your scheduled self busy. I am so like you in that I wasn't sure what to do with myself. Also, take some time to be kind to yourself. This is a rare time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Enjoy it!  I was working part time nights when I was pg with DS, and I know the feeling of not knowing what to do with yourself.  I organized our vacation pictures, organized DS's room, I would go to Starbucks for a drink and read a few baby books (Secrets of the Baby Whisperer, and Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child are good ones for sleep help!).  Get yourself a mani/pedi, get your hair cut, have any dr. appointments you have been putting off.  Once the newbie arrives, all of these things are going to be so much harder to get accomplished!  I still fantasize about a day where I can go to Starbucks and read a book alone for an hour or 2...maybe in a few years when they are all in school!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Once I get into a routine I think it'll be nice to work away at all the things I've been wanting to do. I've ordered some books on natural birth, and freezing meals is a great idea-I hadn't thought of preparing that way. Once I'm done Christmas presents I might do a quilt for the baby too... thankfully I have lots of fabric on hand :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"