Babies: 0 - 3 Months

hard cyst/lump in 8 week old girl's breast

I found a tiny little bump/cyst/mass on my 8 week old's breast today.  I called the pedi office and they said it was completely normal for a breastfed girl.  I shoulds  put a warm compress on if it bothers her and that the doctor will check it at the 2 month apt in 1.5 weeks.

I feel much better about it-- but I have never heard of this.   I read online that it is pretty common, but no one I know IRL's little girls ever had this.

Do any of you have this?  I am trying to gauge if it really is that common?

Re: hard cyst/lump in 8 week old girl's breast

• The first few times DS saw the pedi, he squeezed his nipples and milk came out.  He said it is a normal function of breastfed babies to produce milk.  Probably related to this and not a cyst. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wow, that is so strange! I'd trust the pedi though. Kind of makes me want to check LO's chest just to see if it's something the doctor should look at next time. I knew about the "mini period" that newborn girls can have shortly after birth, and how it usually takes parents by surprise, but DD never had that. This is one weird occurrence I've never heard of!
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Loading the player...
  • Normal! My little man had a lump too and it's from them getting our hormones through bfing. 

• Yep, my DS has a hard lump at each nipple too, he's EBF.   It's just hormones.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"