April 2012 Moms
Options

blanket in crib

When can you start putting a blanket in the crib for LO? I know the risk for SIDS decreases around 6 months and then again at a year. I'm pretty sure they say not to put anything in the crib until a year, right?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: blanket in crib

• Options
    I put a blanket over S at night never higher than his chest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I give LO an Aden + Anais issie (it's a little thin security blanket) because he likes to hold something by his face.  He can breathe through it if he pulls it over his mouth.  I'm scared to put an actual blanket over him because he's all over the place in there and I know he would end up underneath it and scare me to death.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, a year is the guideline. I just started using one with DD because she just started staying in one place her in sleep. DS is the same way, all over the place, so the sleep sack works for us.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

um I guess I have been a rotten mother.  I have been putting two blankets on the baby every night since she was 6 weeks old.  One is slightly weighted and one is crotcheted.  Embarrassed 

Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Micah does not move in his sleep, so we've been putting either a swaddle blanket over him or if it's chilly, a thin fleece blanket over his legs. He sleeps on his side and only rolls to his back when he wakes up. There's usually a dent in the crib from where he was laying (not literally a big dent, you get the point).

Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Noah has a blanket in his crib but it was knitted by a friend and it has a lot of spaces in it so he can easily breathe through it...that is the only blanket i put in his crib because he enjoys pulling things over his face but can't really pull them off
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We started at 5 months when she stopped using her pacifier and started holding onto her lovey blanket when she slept to soothe herself. Luckily, she doesn't move much in her sleep so it has never ended up over her face. We play "where's Scarlett" all the time with the blanket and she always pulls it off her face so I have never really worried.
  • Options
    I have two sleep sacks that i use.  I haven't gotten to the point of blankets yet.  The one sleep sack I use on not-so-cold nights ( i used it over the late summer and up until last week).  It is just cotton and pretty light weight.  I would also put him in a footed pajama outfit with this.  Now that it's dipping into the 30s at night, I have a heavier sleepsack - has pretty thick batting between the layers to keep him nice and cozy.  Seems to work pretty good. 

BFP #1 - 04/11/2011 - EDD: 12/22/2011 -Natural MC 5/18/2011 @ 8w6d BFP

BFP #2 - 08/12/2011 - EDD: 04/21/2012 1st U/S 9/12/2011 - Healthy baby seen -- Heartbeat at 166!

BFP #3 - 08/02/2014 - EDD: 04/09/2015 ---Prayers for a take home baby

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"