October 2011 Moms
Options

Pillows

When will, or have you already, given your LO a pillow to sleep with?

I think we are going to get one for E.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pillows

• Options
    Lo has been sleeping on her Boppy for months. My oldest started sleeping with one around now, 13 months. He may have been a little older but it was definitely by 15 months. He sleeps like I do, fetal position, head not actually on the pillow and both kids wrap their blankets around their heads lol. Lo has a crochet blanket that was mine so she won't smother herself.
  • Options

G still moves around his crib so much I think a pillow would be pointless. 

I was reading something about 2 being the right time to give kids a pillow the other day. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

He sleeps on his stomach and moves around so much that I don't see a pillow in our near future.

Nothing against them at this age, I just don't think he needs one due to how he sleeps. 

• Options
    Ds sleeps with a small pillow pet like thing. It's smaller than the regular ones. He brought it to bed with him one night and I let him keep it. He cuddles with it and sometimes I find him laying over top of it. I guess it's more like a stuff animal to him than a pillow, even though it is pillow shaped. He very rarely actually has his head on it.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

We don't use one yet. DS has a blanket and two stuffed anmals in his crib. He usually sleeps on his side, tucked into a corner.

DD demanded one around 20mos but she is a much more cuddly sleeper, and sleeps on her back. She was always one to wake up unpredictably if she didn't feel cozy enough. DS is not like that. I'll give him a pillow when I think it would comfort him.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagelkm2006:
    He sleeps on his stomach and moves around so much that I don't see a pillow in our near future.nbsp;Nothing against them at this age, I just don't think he needs one due to how he sleeps.nbsp;

This is exactly us. She moves all over the place.
  • Options

My 2 yr old doesn't sleep with one yet. She is like her mama and sleeps on her belly, flat. 

DS likes to snuggle. He took to this stuffed bear and he likes to sleep on that sometimes like a pillow. He also sleeps with MyPal Scout and the seahorse and another stuffed animal. Then his blanket. He's a snuggle bug.  

• Options

My almost 3 yr old still doesn't have a pillow and she won't get one until we transition to a toddler bed.  She loves her crib and I am not going to rush her and then have her not sleep. 

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. E rolls around a lot in her crib, but in our bed, she likes to fall back into a pillow. She'll stay put like that for a while so I'm wondering if she would do the same thing if it was in her crib.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"