April 2013 Moms

WTF Halloween

We just got back from Trick or Treating with the girls. Someone gave DD1 a biscotti. Guess they were out of candy and felt bad. lol
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: WTF Halloween

• lol that's a terrible treat!  I always try not to completely run out so I don't end up with a child standing there with nothing to give them.  I just had to turn off my light because I was down to 3 packages of whoppers.  And now they are all mine!!!  Muahahahahaha!!!  :::sinisterly rubs hands together:::

"A man walking backwards does not see what lies ahead, only what he is leaving behind."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1-7/22/12 EDD: 4/8/13 It's a Boy!! Born 3/30/13
    BFP #2 2/3/14 EDD: 10/15/14 - My Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Whoppers are the best! Too bad no one gives those out in this neighbourhood. ::kicks rock::
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • ... our neighbor was giving out apples.

so there's that Indifferent

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKrystalD7:

... our neighbor was giving out apples.

I really wonder what these people are thinking. "Well, I COULD give all these neighborhood kids some candy that will just rot their teeth, but I'm sure they would all be much happier with an apple! Because really, what kind of kid chooses candy over a piece of fruit?"  

• imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:
    We just got back from Trick or Treating with the girls. Someone gave DD1 a biscotti. Guess they were out of candy and felt bad. lol

I'm Italian and grew up eating tons of biscotti, so that sounds like my kind of treat.  Did they have coffee too? 

image BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageheddy79:

imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:

I'm Italian and grew up eating tons of biscotti, so that sounds like my kind of treat.  Did they have coffee too? 

ITA! :) 

• imageKrystalD7:

Growing up one of our neighbours was a dentist and they gave out tooth brushes. Another one was a teacher and she gave out crazy pencils. But Apples.... that is going too far! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • we started to run out of candy last year and added a bunch of chocolate chip granola bars to our candy bowl... some kids were really excited lol
    BabyFruit Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family image
  • I think my daughter was most excited about the one house giving out packets of fruit snacks. The American Legion was giving out brown paper bags of homemade popcorn. My daughter chose pretzels instead.

I remember way back in the town I grew up in, the butcher used to give out slices of bologna. LOL.

OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageheddy79:

imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:

It would have been awesome if they'd had coffee too, but no such luck. lol - I told DD1 that the biscotti was a treat for Mommy :D

• imageUberBiz:

I remember way back in the town I grew up in, the butcher used to give out slices of bologna. LOL. 

Bwah ha ha! 

• imageKrystalD7:

When I was a kid, someone was handing out apples w/razor blades stuck in them, so that became a national "no-no" to hand out on Halloween. I'm shocked someone would do this!

Ok, and a toothbrush- you are asking to get your house egged! Along with anyone who hands out almond joys! ;)

• Someone in our neighbourhood gaveout fake teeth and fake blood.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • imagelovelyday39:
    imageKrystalD7:

When I was a kid, someone was handing out apples w/razor blades stuck in them, so that became a national "no-no" to hand out on Halloween. I'm shocked someone would do this!

Ok, and a toothbrush- you are asking to get your house egged! Along with anyone who hands out almond joys! ;)

I always offer almond joys but I don't put them in the kids basket if I'm picking candy (sometimes the kids get greedy and I have to ration the last hour or two). Then when trick or treating is over... I get my almond joy treat! Yum.

Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"