April 2013 Moms
Options

Hurricane Sandy

Anyone else in NJ and affected by Sandy?  I'm in Northern NJ and although it's not nearly as bad as it is down the shore, we have no power, heat, or electricity. Trying to keep these babies nice and cozy.  We have a generator but we are using it sparingly.  It took us over 4 hours today to fill up a gas can for our generator.  Every gas station around here is like that.  It's pure craziness here in NJ and I've never seen anything like it before.  Praying for all of those who lost their homes.  Thankful we are safe and have each other.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hurricane Sandy

• Options
    I'm glad you're safe! I hope you get some normalcy soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm at the Jersey Shore... I live in Ocean County and we're in the same boat.  Cold, no electric but glad I still have a home.  

Gas Stations are crazy all over the state.  

I'm trying to stay positive and not get overly hormonal and stressed (lately that's easy to do)

Glad you were not hared by the storm 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Where in north jersey are u? We only lost cable but got it back today my parents still have no power or anything and may have to wait til Monday. As far as damage though we all got pretty lucky no water or trees by us.
  • Options

imagebeetaba5:
    Where in north jersey are u? We only lost cable but got it back today my parents still have no power or anything and may have to wait til Monday. As far as damage though we all got pretty lucky no water or trees by us.

butting in to say how much I love your dog!!!! So cute!

Also HUGE thoughts and prayers for those in Jersey. I'm in CT, 45 minutes inland so I didn't get too much damage. However last year at this time we were in the midst of a 8.5 day power outage due to the freak October snowstorm. It was the worst thing I've ever been through so I know the madness you are describing.

DH and I actually bought a generator on Friday bc we were afraid of ending up in that position again. Fortunately we did not even need it.

i hope all of our New Jersey bumpies are safe and same for their homes. The destruction is so so sad. 

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Options
    I'm in northern NJ too and I agree I have never seen anything like this before. The gas stations and incredible to see and are causing so much traffic. I haven't had power since Sunday and since I'm a teacher, schools are closed. It's been very interesting and cold! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageJCL22:
    I'm in northern NJ too and I agree I have never seen anything like this before. The gas stations and incredible to see and are causing so much traffic. I haven't had power since Sunday and since I'm a teacher, schools are closed. It's been very interesting and cold!nbsp;

What town ru from? The lines I saw coming home last night were insane, but that's how they are everywhere. I also teach and I've been off all week too
  • Options

I have friends in Morristown... thy are still without power with an estimate of 1-3 weeks before they get it back.. They went out for gas yesterday, and opted to drive to Coopersburg, PA to get gas so they didn't have to wait for hours in line!!!

I think my friends in Pompton Lakes got their power back...

And I have other friends from Flanders still waiting for power..

Luckily, none of my friends have had serious damage.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm in Bergen County, you?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Passaic county!
  • Options

We're so close, we should be friends! Haha

Do you teach in Passaic county? Which school district?  I would send you a message but I don't know how.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ill see if I can figure it out on my reg computer.
  • Options
    imageJCL22:

We're so close, we should be friends! Haha

Do you teach in Passaic county? Which school district?  I would send you a message but I don't know how.

Sent you a PM! Now if only you could find it! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"