Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Halloween pics :(

I was doing ok today, until four people posted pics of their young babies/toddlers on FB in Halloween costumes. It just tugged at my heart. What if I never get to experience having my *own* child? I am tired of oohing and aahing over other people's children. Tired of buying gifts for other people's children. Tired of other people's children - period. I just want one to be mine. 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

Re: Halloween pics :(

• I'm sorry.

Today isn't a good day for me either, and I could've written this post myself!

HUGS.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageCaliforniaDream87:
    I'm sorry. Today isn't a good day for me either, and I could've written this post myself! HUGS.

HUGS back at ya. 

CafeMom Tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Oh, I sooo feel you on this... Been seeing pics all day too. I'm also not looking forward to the trick or treaters.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 - 07-15-12; Natural MC 07-18-12
    BFP #2 - 09-29-12; U/S showed baby stopped growing @ 5wks 4days - 10-30-12; D&C - 10-31-12
    BFP #3 - 04-10-13; Third time is a charm... Stick, baby, stick!!!
  • imageSarahDavis83:
    Oh, I sooo feel you on this... Been seeing pics all day too. I'm also not looking forward to the trick or treaters.

Yeah. I might leave it to DH to answer the door. I think I can handle the older ones, but the babies and toddlers might be too much for me this year.

CafeMom Tickers

• Couldn't agree more!  Today everyone is pissing me off and I really think this is one of the reasons!

Hugs to you and hope that it will get better for you!

• image2redtulips:

imageSarahDavis83:
    Oh, I sooo feel you on this... Been seeing pics all day too. I'm also not looking forward to the trick or treaters.

Yeah. I might leave it to DH to answer the door. I think I can handle the older ones, but the babies and toddlers might be too much for me this year.

Same here. Ugh, and now I have a friend with a newborn offering to take me for done therapeutic shopping tomorrow. She's very sweet. But seeing her baby might throw me into a tailspin in the middle of the mall.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 - 07-15-12; Natural MC 07-18-12
    BFP #2 - 09-29-12; U/S showed baby stopped growing @ 5wks 4days - 10-30-12; D&C - 10-31-12
    BFP #3 - 04-10-13; Third time is a charm... Stick, baby, stick!!!
  • imagekmichln:
    I hear you! I wasn't expecting people to bring their babies into the office today. My co-workers wife brought in their newborn daughter and I almost lost it crying. She was adorable and it just made me incredibly depressed. The pics aren't helping either. =

Ouch.  :( I hate it when it's unexpected like that. 

CafeMom Tickers

• imagestarscream:
    You will have that experience one day :)

I hope so. Never say never, right?

CafeMom Tickers

• I agree. I was supposed to be announcing my pregnancy to everyone today. Bleh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedaynakako:
    I agree. I was supposed to be announcing my pregnancy to everyone today. Bleh.

Crying   HUGS.

CafeMom Tickers

• imageCaliforniaDream87:
    I'm sorry. Today isn't a good day for me either, and I could've written this post myself! HUGS.

This is me exactly... I need to just get off Facebook for awhile. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image2redtulips:

imagestarscream:
    You will have that experience one day :)

I hope so. Never say never, right?

Never say never, it will happen for us! All of us!

• imagedaynakako:
    I agree. I was supposed to be announcing my pregnancy to everyone today. Bleh.

I'm so sorry, hugs! 

• OMG! I was totally going to post this last night. Only thing I was too lazy to get up and grab my iPad. I am trying to be happy for others but I feel like cute little babies are everywhere. All I keep thinking is this time next year my little one would have been 4 going on 5 months. How perfect for Halloween. As soon as this nightmare is OVER. I am finding a new OB and will start TTC right away.
  • imagekdr1120:
    OMG! I was totally going to post this last night. Only thing I was too lazy to get up and grab my iPad. I am trying to be happy for others but I feel like cute little babies are everywhere. All I keep thinking is this time next year my little one would have been 4 going on 5 months. How perfect for Halloween. As soon as this nightmare is OVER. I am finding a new OB and will start TTC right away.

I hadn't even let myself do the math about how old the baby would be. SIGH. 

I did ok with the trick-or-treaters last night because most of them were older. The only one that made me tear up was the 1.5-year-old from across the street, but I hid it well. 

Glad it's OVER, though. The photos on FB should be stopping soon as well.

CafeMom Tickers

• 2redtulips maybe it is better that you did not add up babies age in a year. As soon as I got my due date I did. And I thought "OMG baby will be 6 months for Xmas" and how that is a "perfect" age for babies first Xmas....ugh so annoying right now. Well halloween pics will be stoppping but then we'll have to deal with the holiday pics and I am sure they'll be all over my newsfeed.
  • imagekdr1120:
    2redtulips maybe it is better that you did not add up babies age in a year. As soon as I got my due date I did. And I thought "OMG baby will be 6 months for Xmas" and how that is a "perfect" age for babies first Xmas....ugh so annoying right now. Well halloween pics will be stoppping but then we'll have to deal with the holiday pics and I am sure they'll be all over my newsfeed.

DH was already planning for us to host Christmas next year because the baby would have been the perfect age. I just hadn't thought about Halloween.

I have thought about Mother's Day (mid May) and my EDD (late May), and I know I will need to just be really gentle with myself that month.

UGH. The milestones will be hard, I know. That's why DH and I are planning other happy things for ourselves. We have to have something to look forward to, even if it's not a baby yet. 

CafeMom Tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"