November 2012 Moms

The opposite of a linea nigra??

What is the opposite of a linea nigra.   The other day when I got out of the shower I noticed a pale halo around my belly button.   It was like I was tanning with a door hanger around my belly button and it's all pale in that one area.  I asked my OB about it but they said it's normal and not to worry about it.  Has my linea gone albino?
BabyFruit Ticker Find your aim in life before you run out of ammunition. - anon http://s874.photobucket.com/albums/ab306/Nanner777/?action=view&current=baby.jpg

Re: The opposite of a linea nigra??

• Ha!  I don't know!  But I have a linea negra AND I get little pale dots around my belly button and sides.  They come and go.  I don't know what they're called, but I'm curious...
  • I have that!!! I had it with my son and just assumed it was my skin stretching out....hmmmm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    JHB 1/19/09
    Baby girl due 11/22/12!
  • Loading the player...
  • it's called linea alba. alba means white, nigra means black. it darkens when you're pregnant, thus.. linea nigra.

ETA: i don't know about the spots though, i was just pertaining to what the midline was called :)
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have the linea nigra and the white halo around my belly button.  I've never worried about it and my doc's seen it everytime he's given me an ultrasound and hasn't said a word about it.  

...I also have an outtie belly button and an appendicitis scar if we are having a "funkiest looking belly contest" ;) 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"