September 2011 Moms
Options

s/o walking

Anyone else have a LO who isn't walking, but you think they could if they wanted to?

Carter cruises like crazy and will stand unassisted and I really think he could walk, but he just doesn't seem to want to.  When I encourage him to come to me he just drops down and crawls right on over!  :) 

8418442352_4e02174cbd_o
"Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."
~Dr. Suess
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: s/o walking

• Options
    Yep! Max is the same way. He has taken unassisted steps but cruising and crawling are his preferred mode of transportation. 
  • Options
    Yes! D did that for about a month before he started walking more than crawling. I guess he just finally started walking more when he was good & ready.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    J was the same way with crawling. He got really efficient at log rolling everywhere and didn't see the point in crawling. Then he got really efficient with crawling and didn't see the point of walking. They're so funny!
  • Options

imageGVSU-04:
    J was the same way with crawling. He got really efficient at log rolling everywhere and didn't see the point in crawling. Then he got really efficient with crawling and didn't see the point of walking. They're so funny!

This is exactly how N was. Since we were on a timeline with daycare they kept suggesting we bring him in to see the other kids doing it, and that he knew that we'd help him if we were there but would learn to do it on his own if we weren't.

*S15 Siggy January Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance*
    justin timberlake omeletteville gif

• Options
    Yep.  She cruises EVERYWHERE because we have her push toys and she will take them all over the house.  She's just not very adventurous I think.
  • Options
    imagehypotheticalme:

imageGVSU-04:

This is exactly how N was. Since we were on a timeline with daycare they kept suggesting we bring him in to see the other kids doing it, and that he knew that we'd help him if we were there but would learn to do it on his own if we weren't.

Now that I think of it, Carter did this going from rolling to army crawling, and then army crawling to real crawling. I totally forgot about that! I thought he'd never crawl on his hands and knees. I'm not worried about it, just wondering when it'll happen!
    8418442352_4e02174cbd_o
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."
    ~Dr. Suess
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My Carter did this for a while too. He took his first steps a few weeks before his birthday, but didn't walk for a while. He could stand up on his own from sitting, and would even bend down to pick stuff up and stand back up. A couple weeks after his birthday, he took 18 steps one day, and the next day he's been walking more than crawling ever since. It was like someone flipped a switch!

HP super sirius

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"