February 2013 Moms
Options

Normal to have "quieter" baby days?

I've been really in control of my baby anxiety lately, but the past couple of days baby girl has been a little quieter than normal. 

We had been out of town which caused major travel problems (flight cancelled due to Sandy, drove 15 hours to get home, all after a major wedding weekend). Anyway, is it possible she's tired? That sounds weird. Anyway, I've been doing things like eating and then laying on my left side and she moves a little bit, but not as much as I've felt before. 

I haven't been told to do kick counts, and frankly, I don't know if I will. My mom, aunts, etc didn't do them and it just may freak me out more.

So I guess my question is, this is ok, right?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Normal to have "quieter" baby days?

• Options

My LO has days where he/she will be super active, then the next few days seems to almost disappear. Yesterday and the two days before LO was pretty quiet and I chalked it up to perhaps he/she moved behind my anterior placenta and went lower where I couldn't feel. Today has been a very busy day. I actually saw my stomach move for the first time. I suspect tomorrow will be a quiet day after this because LO will need a few recovery days to rest up... Or perhaps the Halloween candy is giving baby extra energy right now :p. Either way, on the quieter days I just remember the last movement I felt that day (even if all I can remember is 5:30 in the morning because baby woke me) and try to calm down about it. 

My advice: drink some cold water and lay on your back for 20 minutes. That should perk your LO up long enough to give you peace of mind.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This happens all the time with me too. I've just convinced myself that the quieter days are growing days so she doesn't move as much. But it still freaks me out and sometimes I get the fetal Doppler out, from what I know it's normal though. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    photo D0EE104210C440E48E28B53BA940865Bashx_zpsff62f0b1.gif photo A24F501B345347968B2BC922AD7C0613ashx_zpsf08f7401.gif
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Drink something cold and sweet and lay on your left side. See if that does the trick!
  • Options

Babies can have "quieter" days. Especially if you were super active or stressed the day or a few days before. If you are till feeling her you should be fine. Take it easy the next couple days.

I never did kick counts. My OB doesn't use them unless there is a reason i.e. compliations, they just usually ask if she is moving ok.

• Options
    I think this is normal. It's been happening to me as well. I also notice when I'm moving around more myself I dont feel the baby as much. I just figured I didn't notice because I wasn't paying attention like I normally do since I was busy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We've been having a quieter couple days as well. Baby was super active and then I haven't felt much these past few days. I experienced the same with my son and never did kick counts with him because there were even some days toward the end when I would hardly get one kick. Totally normal.
  • Options

I have been wondering this too after a couple really busy work days.

As for kick counts, I would STRONGLY encourage that you do them.  I have a very good friend from the Loss board who lost her sweet daughter to a cord accident and she is a huge advocate of doing them....they really can prevent a tragedy.   

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Options
    Thanks guys! I think it was just the tumult of being at wedding, driving nearly cross country, and getting a back to teaching. She's been a little more active today- especially when I'm laying down. I think she may have moved around a bit so that may be why too. 
  • Options
    I had a SUPER quiet day last Wednesday and it started to freak me out.  So when I got home from work I drank some choc milk, laid down on my left side and baby perked right up.  Ever since then most days have had more activity.  Seems to be mostly around meals and bed time. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"