November 2012 Moms
Options

big baby!

So I have been having weekly ultrasounds because I have had extra fluid. Today I had another ultrasound at 37 weeks 5 weeks the ultrasound tech said he's big...like off the charts big! I'm like GREAT! In the end he is measuring about 8 lbs 10oz. His head and bones are measuring 38 weeks so right on track but he has a big belly. My fluid is still high at 26.4 and baby boy is in the 94th percentile! Anyone having a big baby to? Or told they would be big and then not as big at delivery?

Re: big baby!

• Options
    they said LO is in the 96th percentile, about 9lbs. i was 37weeks 4 days when they checked. 9lbs!!!!!!! like WTH! LOL. but i'm kinda over it now. still hoping she's not as big though.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My little (ha) guy was "weighing" in at 8.75 pounds at our 34 weeks ultrasound, and estimated to be well over 10+ at the time of birth.

I need to go sit on an ice pack every time I think about it.  Indifferent

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

With my first, they'd estimated she was going to be well over 8lbs at delivery thanks to the earlier ultrasound. But she delivered at about 6 1/2 lbs, 4 days past her due date.

From what I've heard, the u/s estimates can be off by up to 2 lbs in either direction. This time, with similar estimates, I'd asked the OB for his opinion and he did a by-touch estimate that puts this one at about the same size as DD was.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At 36 weeks 1 day, today's ultrasound measured him at 7 lbs 15 oz. 90th percentile. Hoping he doesn't grow much more.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I just found out mines in the 97 percentile and estimated at 10 1/4 pounds. Scary! I'm being offered an elective c-section got some serious decisions to make :(

• Options
    At 36.1 baby was measuring at 7lbs 2 oz and was measuring a week ahead. His head however was measuring a week behind and his belly was measuring two weeks ahead. They said my fluids were a bit high but not too bad at 27.  I've been doing NST's with a fluid check for a week now and the fluid seems to be fine. I think I just drank a lot of water that day or something. I'm thinking baby is going to be long instead of big though. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options

I was measured at  31 weeks and she was 3.8 pounds then - top of her range for the 32 week. I'm getting measured tomorrow, but I'm beginning to get nervous. I know I feel enormous :)

That said, my nephew was estimated to be large and came out around 6 1/2 pounds...so who knows. 

• Options
    I chose not to believe u/s estimates! It does scare you though at my 37 week u/s baby weight was estimated at 7lb 9oz...that is huge for my frame, I am 4.11 and 95 lbs pre pregnancy. They think if I go to do date baby will be 8 lbs 13 oz. but like pp said these things aren't accurate and I chose to believe your body rarely makes a baby that won't fit through...
    1st BFP 10/11/11. MMC 9wks 3days.Measuring 6wks 1day D&C 11/15/11 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers "http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    IMO you cant put much trust in these "estimates" when they can be off so much in both directions. Its very common for them to predict a "huge" 10 lb baby and the baby comes out 7 or 8 lbs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"