August 2012 Moms

Twatwaffle Wednesday

Because I forgot yesterday.

I nominate DTE Energy. Our power was supposed to be back on last night and it still isn't on. We're on day three without power and have been staying at my mom's. I want to go home.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
SCANDAL!

Re: Twatwaffle Wednesday

• I agree with anbeck. Nominating ConEd. No power since Mon, and it may not be back til sometime between Monday and Thursday!!!! Sandy's a btch.
  • imagemandz129:
    I agree with anbeck. Nominating ConEd. No power since Mon, and it may not be back til sometime between Monday and Thursday!!!! Sandy's a btch.

I think you guys already won today. That sucks. Hope it happens sooner than planned!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I was just thinking I hadn't seen Twatwaffle Tuesday! 

DH is definitely the winner. If he ignorantly says that I hold our baby too much and am spoiling her, I will loose my mind. I was pumping this am after DD's feeding. I had just put her down because usually she goes right to sleep. The last 2 days she's been super clingy (growth spurt maybe?) and started fussing. He yells from the other room for me annoyed as if I was getting spa treatment and blowing DD's fussiness off, ummm no...I'm pumping. I told him to pick her up. Instead of rocking her in the dark room, he brings her out into the bright dining room and starts talking to her. Then he goes back into the bedroom and lays her next to him on the bed expecting she'll fall asleep. She starts fussing again and that's when I go in to get her and the spoiling accusations start. I told him to go back to sleep because that's what he does best. He has NEVER had to get up with her since we've been back from the hospital...plus it was already 7:30am! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Peco for the same reason.. Might not be back on until Saturday.
    Shane 8/19/12 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • imagesammiesjd414:

imagemandz129:
    I agree with anbeck. Nominating ConEd. No power since Mon, and it may not be back til sometime between Monday and Thursday!!!! Sandy's a btch.

I think you guys already won today. That sucks. Hope it happens sooner than planned!

This...no power for 3 days and it won't be up for 5-6 more days?! What excuse do they have for it taking soooo long? 

• imagenatalie8784:
    MIL.  I found out yesterday she's been running her mouth around town (a very small town mind you) out my decision to SAH.  I found out about it from a lady at the grocery store.  Mama bear has been poked, and I'm pissed. 

Did she want to watch over your LO or something?! Can't think of any other reason why she would view that as a bad thing. I'd be pissed too.

• My mother and sister.

My mother because she wouldn't let me use my Dad's sewing machine to finish Howell's costume. Seriously, all I needed to do was stitch the wings together. Everything else I hand stitched. She acted like it would be loud and disruptive and make a mess. The mess point would be valid if she ever cleaned except she leaves that for my dad. This is even though she's retired and he still works. And I am a functioning member of society who would have cleaned up anyway. The fabric was all cut btw so no scraps to be had.

My sister said I could do it at her place and at the last minute remembered her daughter had ballet. Now Howell is going to be a wingless owl unless I get my tush over there soon. Really I just need my own sewing machine.

ETA: I also nominate bf'ing without which I could at the very least have a dirty martini to get through dealing with my mother. H used to have to lure me with the promise of post mother vodka to get me to see her.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• imagevaleriej6:
    imagesammiesjd414:

imagemandz129:

This...no power for 3 days and it won't be up for 5-6 more days?! What excuse do they have for it taking soooo long? 

For me personally, a tree wiped out the actual pole power lines were on. So they need to wait for the city to remove the tree, then they can work on restoring the pole and power lines, then finally power. And my city is slower than sh.it so, there you go.
  • My neighbors for the third time! They are loud as crap at midnight every night. She screams at her boyfriend, he screams back, she calls police. This is a weekly occurrence.

I called her landlord and asked if she was aware of the situation. I was hoping she would evict them, but nope! They're still there. I'm pretty sure they moved in in December last year, so I hope they move out then!!
  • imagevaleriej6:
    I was just thinking I hadn't seen Twatwaffle Tuesday!nbsp;DH is definitely the winner. If he ignorantly says that I hold our baby too much and am spoiling her, I will loose my mind. I was pumping this am after DD's feeding. I had just put her down because usually she goes right to sleep. The last 2 days she's been super clingy growth spurt maybe? and started fussing. He yells from the other room for me annoyed as if I was getting spa treatment and blowing DD's fussiness off, ummm no...I'm pumping. I told him to pick her up. Instead of rocking her in the dark room, he brings her out into the bright dining room and starts talking to her. Then he goes back into the bedroom and lays her next to him on the bed expecting she'll fall asleep. She starts fussing again and that's when I go in to get her and the spoiling accusations start. I told him to go back to sleep because that's what he does best. He has NEVER had to get up with her since we've been back from the hospital...plus it was already 7:30am!nbsp;

My DH also loves to complain about lack of sleep if Santino is fussing and he's still asleep. Ok dear, I only wake up with him every single night, except for the rare occasion I pump before bed so you can feed him. I think that happened about 5 nights in his 2 months of existence. But I promise I won't disturb you anymore with allowing DS to fuss while I selfishly use the restroom.
  • My husband.
    He's not getting that you can't just rub me and instantly I'm horny. I'm constantly pumping or getting drooled on. Helping someone with homework or validating she's still my first, child, love and having a baby won't replace her. Why would he assume after all of that I'm going to want to just jump into sex. I tell him just cuddle and you'll be surprised how much further you'll get along. Does he listen? Nope. All well, I'm too tired to coax his ego.
  • Can I say Sandy? Ok.

Sandy is a mother trucking twatwaffle. 

• My FIL who passed around my baby while I only gave permission for my BIL to hold her during my SIL's reception to STRANGERS and gave LO a panic attack and I had to leave the reception and spend the evening calming her down by myself. Plus now she has a cough and stuffy nose. I even sent him an email regarding what he did and he just ignored it. I'm even more mad now.
  • Hurricanes. Last year Irene destroyed almost everything we owned, ruined my car, left us without electricity for 9 days and without hot water for 17. Not to mention the flooding and turmoil scared the bejesus out of my son. Now we get Sandy, had no power, water or heat for almsot four days and my son is sick and we have an infant. I hate hurricanes. In the whole lead up to this event my son was afraid we were going to die. WTF weather???
  • imagelady_tytah:
    My husband. He's not getting that you can't just rub me and instantly I'm horny. I'm constantly pumping or getting drooled on. Helping someone with homework or validating she's still my first, child, love and having a baby won't replace her. Why would he assume after all of that I'm going to want to just jump into sex. I tell him just cuddle and you'll be surprised how much further you'll get along. Does he listen? Nope. All well, I'm too tired to coax his ego.

I lovingly told hubby the best turn on EVER would be a clean sink of dishes, folded laundry, an empty trash can, and his ability to grow breasts and feed LO at 3am ;)  He hasn't made a move since.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"