October 2012 Moms

Sleep

My LO has reverted to only falling asleep and staying asleep on me! I don't want to get her in a habit of doing this, but I also need some sleep. Anyone having a similar experience?

I read that you can't spoil a newborn, but when should I draw the line and just let her fuss on her pnp? She won't take a paci either.. She prefers to suckle on me.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleep

• My LO is doing the same thing.  Recently she started to fall asleep on her own sometimes, though.  I am hoping that once she is a bit bigger she will stop that and be able to hold onto her binky by herself. 
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
  • Have you tried getting her to sleep at an incline?  My LO doesn't like sleeping flat on her back, but has no problems sleeping on me, in the Nap Nanny, or in her carseat.  As a FTM of a 10-day old, I don't really know what else to suggest.  Sorry :(
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am having the exact same problem!  My LO will sleep for 3hr stretches at night as long as he is sleeping on my chest or my husband's chest.  As soon as we try to put him in his PNP or his crib he wakes up and cries.  He also doesn't really take a pacifier.  I just ordered a Nap Nanny today after reading about them last night.  I am really hoping it works!
  • I had this problem. I now swaddle DS and cuddle him until he falls asleep then put him down. GL!!!
  • I ordered the miracle blanket for swaddling since she is a Houdini. I think if I can get her not to squirm a much it could help.

I've tried incline on our bouncer and also the car seat...no luck for very long.

• Im having the same problem. LO only like to sleep whilst being held and immediately starts crying the minute you put her down.  its getting better, I just keep holding her until she is in a deep sleep then put her down and pray that she stays that way for as long as possible.  Its getting better but sometimes its a total waste.  Also she HATES to be swaddled.  Every time I try she screams, so we have given that up.  We tried a pasi, but at the next feed she was confused then I panicked and so did she and it was a bit of a nightmare.  Good luck, my only advise is just to keep trying and hopefully LO will get the idea. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"