Baby Names

Charlie or Eden?

We are due with a girl in April and are having a hard time finding a name we love. What are you naming your little girl? Top 2 favorites are: Charlie Kate Eden Marie
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Charlie or Eden?

• I prefer Eden to Charlie

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• Eden for sure as I dislike boy's names on girls.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Eden Marie for sure. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Charlie is a nickname for Charles. Unless you're going to name her Charlotte and call her Charlie as a nn I am not a fan.

Eden wins by a mile.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Eden for sure!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• imageJustWonderin805:

Charlie is a nickname for Charles. Unless you're going to name her Charlotte and call her Charlie as a nn I am not a fan.

Eden wins by a mile.  

This, although I am not a fan of it as a nn for Charlotte, so Eden even more.

• I completely agree with PPs.  Eden Marie by far!!  Charlie is a boy name and horrible for a girl.
    BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Obviously it?s clear that Eden is the favorite here. Thanks for all of your input!

Let?s talk middle names:

Eden Marie OR

Eden Mae (My mom passed away when I was 4 and I?d like to incorporate her somehow, but we aren?t a fan of her 1st or middle name. She was born in May, which is where Mae came from.)

OR Eden Silva (Silva is my grandmother's maiden name)

**Our last name is 1 syllable.*

• imagekmb_nrb2010:
    Obviously it?s clear that Eden is the favorite here. Thanks for all of your input! Let?s talk middle names: Eden Marie OR Eden Mae (My mom passed away when I was 4 and I?d like to incorporate her somehow, but we aren?t a fan of her 1st or middle name. She was born in May, which is where Mae came from.)

What were your mom's names?  I personally like the sound of Eden Marie better, but I also like Eden Mae, especially with it honoring your mom.

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My Mom's name was Deborah Ann.
  • imagekmb_nrb2010:
    My Mom's name was Deborah Ann.

I like Eden Silva, but I really like Eden Ann since it honors your mom.  I like Ann better than Mae.

• I agree with Eden and I like Eden Marie best out of your choices.
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• imageJustWonderin805:

Charlie is a nickname for Charles. Unless you're going to name her Charlotte and call her Charlie as a nn I am not a fan.

Eden wins by a mile.  

Ditto this exactly.

Can you see your sweet DD putting Charlie on a resume on day?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

View Raw Image'>

• Oh, I really love Eden Mae. You could also use your mom's favorite color, flower, etc...as the middle name. Eden Violet, Eden Rose, etc...
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Nope. I can't imagine her having to put "Charlie" on a resume.
  • Eden! It's pretty and Charlie is a boys name.
  • I really dislike Charlie as a first name for a girl. It would be a cute nickname if you named her Charlotte or Charlene. But I really dislike it as the formal first name. I'm not crazy about Eden either, but I prefer it over Charlie.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Eden. Charlie is a boy's nickname. I cannot fathom a grown woman with the legal name of Charlie. 

Charlotte/Charlene/Charlize nn Charlie is okay.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Oh, I love Eden! Much better than Charlie. Eden Mae is nice, but Eden Silva is better. I love the family significance!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I only like Charlie for a girl when it is a nick name for Charlotte. I would suggest this.
  • I really like both!

But I'd go with Eden.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Eden Marie

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • Eden, no contest. 

• imagekmb_nrb2010:

Obviously it?s clear that Eden is the favorite here. Thanks for all of your input!

Let?s talk middle names:

Eden Marie OR

Eden Mae (My mom passed away when I was 4 and I?d like to incorporate her somehow, but we aren?t a fan of her 1st or middle name. She was born in May, which is where Mae came from.)

OR Eden Silva (Silva is my grandmother's maiden name)

**Our last name is 1 syllable.*

I like Eden Mae as a tribute to your mother. So sweet.  

• Eden.

Charlie is all boy IMO. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I would vote for Eden Marie, even though Eden isn't really my style, at least it's a girl name.

I like Charlie as a nn for Charlotte, but not as a full name for a girl. If Charlotte Kate (nn Charlie) was a choice, that's what I'd pick.

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageJoy2611:
    oh, I like Eden Silva a lot.  Very different and honors family!
    I agree. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • I love Eden. Marie is my favorite of your listed middle names.
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • imagesnowflake91011:

If you want to call your daughter Charlie, I'd name her Charlotte and nn Charlie.

If I had to pick between the names Charlie or Eden, I'd go with Eden. 

Kate is beautiful, what about Kate Charlie?

Thanks for your input! My first name is Katie, so we don't want to go with Kate as a first name.

• We considered Charley for our new girl but decided on Charlotte. 

middle name options......

charley rae

charley evelyn 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitely Eden.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"