August 2012 Moms

FTM's and Halloween

FTM's are you taking your LO's trick or treating? I was wanting to, but DH thinks I'm crazy.

Thoughts?

Re: FTM's and Halloween

• Nope. I side eye adults who use babies to get candy. If you are just dressing up and walking around, go for it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was going to walk around the neighborhood with her in her costume with my 4 year old nephew but it's too cold and drizzly. I wasn't going to go up to doors though. If we weren't going with my brother and nephew I wouldn't go on my own with her.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAmbsies:

imagesammiesjd414:
    Nope. I side eye adults who use babies to get candy. If you are just dressing up and walking around, go for it!

This exactly!  Walking around on Halloween with your baby is one thing... but actually going up to homes and ToTing is a bit ridiculous, IMO.

I third this. I'm dressing Jayson up, but just walking around while my sisters kids trick or treat. My mom tried to convince me to get candy so she could have it. She's crazy lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTula214:
    imageAmbsies:

imagesammiesjd414:
    Nope. I side eye adults who use babies to get candy. If you are just dressing up and walking around, go for it!

This exactly!  Walking around on Halloween with your baby is one thing... but actually going up to homes and ToTing is a bit ridiculous, IMO.

I third this. I'm dressing Jayson up, but just walking around while my sisters kids trick or treat. My mom tried to convince me to get candy so she could have it. She's crazy lol

Yup totally agree! I took a picture of her beside our pumpkin in her "costume" (Ballerina onesie). That's all the Halloween celebrating she'll do this year.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Not this year, but next year we will totally go out. I don't think she'll have any of the candy collected, though. haha. Mommy needs chocolate, and cute pictures of the baby trick or treating.
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • I'm not doing anything for Halloween this year. I'm handing out candy, but neither of us are wearing a costume.

If DH wasn't working late we would have walked around the neighborhood with a friend and her kids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAmbsies:

imagesammiesjd414:

lolololo
  • No. We were going to hand out candy but LO got her 2 month shots today and is sick and fussy so I had to leave the candy bowl outside. Insert sad face.
  • Yeah, I think it's kind of silly to take a baby trick-or-treating.  If you aren't knocking on doors and expecting candy that's different, but if you are, then everyone knows the candy is for the adults and that's tacky imo.

DD is staying at home with my mom while we take my son out (it's too cold for her to go with us).  He's 3 years old and it's his first year going out.  Before this year we had him dressed up and he was there at my IL's with us "helping" pass out candy.  People saw him dressed up that way. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We didn't take DS trick or treating but dressed him up in his costume and went to visit the family! They all loved the special visit.
  • Tonight we took DS in his costume to visit several people from church (mostly shut-ins and older people).  They all loved seeing him.  We didn't take any candy, although all of them offered. 

Our village had trick-or-treating last Sunday, so we took DS around to see the neighbors.  We set a bowl of candy on our step before we left, and it was still pretty full when we returned.  Hopefully DH will take the candy to work, so I won't be able to snack on it all day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"