April 2013 Moms

Name opinions

We've sort of settled on names.  DH has always had issues making big decisions, so he still wants to do more "research."  What do you ladies think?

Boy - Emmett William

Girl - Liana Rose

Re: Name opinions

• Emmet sounds sort of "country" to me.  Butttt I don't think that is necesarily a bad thing.  I have a Travis!

I have never heard the name Liana.  I am sort of neutral on that but I think it could grow on me. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DH is in love with Emmett!  :)  I'm liking it more, but my only concern is the tie to the Twilight series. lol  

I think Liana is pretty! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I like them both! Emmett is really great! Is Liana pronounced like Leanna? Just want to make sure I'm getting it right! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Liana Rose is beautiful! Great choice!
    Emmett William is a little different, but I like it. 
  • Emmett is at the top of our boy's list right now so I like it!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love William as a first or middle, as well as Liam. Emmett I'm not too crazy about though. I'm not sure what it is for me. Liana is pretty. As far as Rose, I like to stay away from Rose and Grace as middle names (even though they are cute) since that's pretty much the norm, popular middle names now, or used as fillers since they go well with everything. Lianna Rose does sound nice together though! I'm saying Lianna like Li-AH-na, is that right? Or Li-ANNE-uh?

Name picking is hard! :)

DD 4/3/04 & #2 EDD April 21, 2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I really like Emmett, but I'm also wondering how you pronounce liana! I'm saying it Liahnuh and I think that's pretty!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    We can't wait to meet our Blake Katherine!!
  • I knew a girl named Liana. It was pronounced Leanna.

I like both names
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I really like both names!
  • I LOVE Liana Rose :) Emmett William is nice, too - I'm just a fan of all the cute girl names!
    Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from Him. Psalm 127:3 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest! imageimage
  • I love both names, I think they both sound fine :)
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I loved Emmett until someone reminded me it was a character in Twilight:( I think both names are great:)
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• Liana is pronounced lee-ah-nah (think italian/spanish vowels).  And yes Rose is very popular for a middle name, but it's my and my grandma's middle name so it's very special to me.  I always wanted to pass our name down to my daughter.

I've considered the Twilight connection with Emmett, but it doesn't really bother me.  I haven't mentioned it to DH cuz I'm afraid he'll nix it and it took soooo long to agree on a boy's name, haha!  As for William, we like that name but hate it shortened down to Will, which is why we thought it would be a nice middle name. 

For a boy, we want a strong/not too unique name.  I think it's better for boys in the long run, whereas with girls I like unique/pretty names.

• I think both of your names are quite lovely
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • I love both!

Liana is on my list :) Love both names!!!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"