May 2012 Moms
Options

Mommy's way-Daddy's way

When DH puts DD to bed, he always turns on her monkey mobile and fish bubbler...

When I do, I just lay her in the crib and turn out the light.

Well... now if I do turn on the mobile or bubbler, she won't go to sleep and if DH doesn't turn it on she cries!  I guess she's already learned that Daddy is for fun, but Mommy means business!

Anybody else notice things like this?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mommy's way-Daddy's way

• Options
    Yep! Daddy gives her whatever she wants and he's her best bud. I knew it would be like that though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

Oh yeah, for sure. With DH she wants to play and giggle and smile, and with me she's more cuddles and comfort. She'll smile and play with me but it's just on the same as with him where she'll chatter and bust out laughing.

On the flip side DH can't get her to sit still in his lap because she wants to play. She won't cuddle or snuggle up with him, because that's mommys job. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes. Its so funny how quick they learn isnt it?
  • Options

We're the opposite.  I'm the "nurture" and he's the "nature."  He is a lot more firm, practical and rational about interactions with them than I am.  I think we strike a nice balance, though.

I hate to admit it, but a lot of times his ways work better than mine.  For example, until they were about 4.5 months old I rocked them every night until they were drowsy, but at the first of Oct. I started training for a new job from 7-11p.  I was still at home because it's a work from home thing, but bedtime became his gig.  He feeds them in the Boppy pillows, one on either side of him, and then puts the sleepier one in the swing.  When that one drifts off he puts them to bed and puts the other one in the swing.  Bedtime takes about half the time it used to now that I don't rock them.  I would keep them awake talking to them and smiling at them.  It's still nice to do that sometimes, but on most nights it's good to handle bedtime a little faster, and they seem to know that we mean business as opposed to when I rock them and they just think it's time to chit chat with mommy about their day instead of going to sleep. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"