September 2012 Moms

Short term disability question for working moms (possible TMI)

Title: Short term disability question for working moms (possible TMI)

Thanks to my pregnancy and delivery I have hemrroids from hell. I was bleeding severely and in a lot of pain and was given medication to take care of it.  After this week I go off the meds and if the problem isn't solved then I have to have surgery to get rid of them.  

Does anyone know if this will increase my STD pay?  I live in California.  I've already used my 6 weeks STD for vaginal delivery.  I'm currently taking my 3 weeks of saved vacation then I go on 6 weeks of California Paid Family Leave.  After that I'm taking 2 months of no pay for a total of 6 months off.  Since this problem is a result of my pregnancy I'm thinking I should get to take more STD, but I don't know since I will be off for so long.  

If it comes down to it I will talk to HR, but for now I was curious and wondering if anyone knows.  

Re: Short term disability question for working moms (possible TMI)

• For mine I just need the doctor to document that there is medical cause to extend my leave for the insurance co. That's in nj though.
  • I got mine extended due to my broken arm. Just have a doctors reason for it. Good luck.
                  image     image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have private disability, I'm a teacher in NJ as long as the dr documents that its pg related they'll extend it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EDD is going to send you two forms, one for the doctor to continue your disability andvonevasking when you want to begin your Baby Bonding time. If you just finished your 6 weeks look for them in you mailbox very soon. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"