Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

working around babies. how do you do it?

ladies, i work in a children's hospital. today i had to bite my lips to hold back a crying spell. how do you ladies hold up after a long day of staring at babies?
TTC: 5/14/11 BFP: 10/4/12 MC: 10/25/12

Re: working around babies. how do you do it?

• Sorry for your loss.

I don't work in an environment where I see lots of babies so I cannot answer your question.

GL to you!
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I work in a department store, so while I don't necessarily work around babies, lots of women come in who are pregnant or who have babies. Plus we have a maternity section and the baby section. So at first it was really hard to walk past those departments. It has gotten better with time. But I think working in a children's hospital would be much more challenging. Hoping it gets easier for you!

• Loading the player...
  • I don't do well. I work at Target portrait studio and for some reason the GSTLs always plant the pregnant cashiers right in front of my studio. I get to spend most of my day with them in eye sight rubbing their bellies and talking about names and due dates. I hate it!!! I get angry with them and want to scream, "quit rubbing it in my face...literally!" I keep reminding myself of how I felt when preg with DD, and it helps a little. But I've definitely snuck in the camera room for a few cry sessions. Also, I did a nb session the other day... I can't believe I held it together.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP #1: 12/22/10. EDD: 9/4/11. BDay: 8/30/11
    BFP #2: 10/16/12. EDD: 6/27/13. Said Goodbye: 10/22/12
    BFP #3: 11/20/12. EDD: 8/1/13. STICK BABY STICK!
    Betas: 11/30/12 - 2819. 12/2/12 - 7339! Keep growing, baby!

VOTE on my Name List
  • First, I'm so sorry for your loss- know you're not alone. 

Its been 2 weeks today since my d&c and it does get easier.  I'm a midlevel practitioner in an ER and have pregnant pts coming in all the time for everything from a headache to vaginal bleeding :0/  The day after we found out about our little angel, I had a woman miscarrying come in- I couldn't even see her and broke down in front of my docs.  Fast forward to last night- I had a threatened miscarriage come in and I was able to handle it much better than the week before.  While I had to take some deep breaths before going in- I felt some comfort giving her some answers and educate her on what was going on.  While each day I still get sad about our loss- I'm trying to keep my focus on the future (which sometimes is easier said than done).

Best of luck- my thoughts and prayers are with you. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I work with client's who have babies and I am around them pretty frequently.  I also have two pregnant clients.  Seeing them and the babies often brings tears to my eyes.  I am usually able to blink them away and regain my stability but it is not without a lot of effort.  

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I run a daycare. One of the moms I used to have came over just to visit the other. She is having her baby Tomorrow and she kept talking about how tired she was of being pregnant, how happy she was that her tubes where getting tied and she couldnt wait to be done with this part. She didnt know about my loss and every word she said stung. In my mind  I was yelling at her to be greatful and how Id do anything to be that pregnant right now and so close to hodling my baby. I couldnt get her out of my house fast enough!

The youngest in my daycare is almost 2 and that makes it easier to handle. I think I would have a lot of break downs working in a childrens hospital!

Married my very own GI Joe May 2002

BFP May 2002  NMC June 2002
    BFP September 2002 ID twins born April 2003 @ 35 weeks
    BFP September 2007 DD born May 2008
    BFP August 2012 MC October 2012
    BFP January 2012 DD October 2013

I MISS MY TICKER :(

• I'm sorry for your loss.

I work at a preschool/daycare and I am around babies all the time. It has been very hard for me, but I try to just detach myself from it. I try and remind myself that many of the moms have probably had a m/c themselves and just don't talk about it. In fact, I shared with a few of the moms whom I know well that I'd had a m/c and quite a few of them said that they have had one too.

I'm sorry it's hard. It WILL get easier. Hang in there. 

Started TTC July 2012. Missed m/c & d&c 9/12 11w. Natural m/c 1/13 6w. Chemical pgs 3/13 & 8/13 around 4w. Currently TTA while saving for adoption.

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” -Helen Keller
  • imageBeccabby:

I run a daycare. One of the moms I used to have came over just to visit the other. She is having her baby Tomorrow and she kept talking about how tired she was of being pregnant, how happy she was that her tubes where getting tied and she couldnt wait to be done with this part. She didnt know about my loss and every word she said stung. In my mind  I was yelling at her to be greatful and how Id do anything to be that pregnant right now and so close to hodling my baby. I couldnt get her out of my house fast enough!

Crying  Oh, that must have been so hard.

I am fortunate that I don't work around children. I can imagine that it would rub salt into the wound. HUGS to everyone who has to deal with that.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. you're all quite remarkable :]
    TTC: 5/14/11 BFP: 10/4/12 MC: 10/25/12
  • I work around babies All. Day. Long. THANKFULLY the babies dont bother me too much. But my pregnant coworkers drive me nuts!
    Today a bunch of them were talking about how they are planning to get pregnant soon. It's just so easy for some people : It makes me so sad.

~~PgAL March Siggy Challenge - Pet Shaming~~
    TTC #1 since Feb 2011 Dx: MTHFR C677T Homozygous, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, LPD
    BFP #1: 8/4/11 c/p 4w5d
    BFP #2: 9/4/11 c/p 5w0d
    BFP #3: 1/16/12 c/p 4w0d
    BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BFP #5 11/2/12 ?EDD 7/16/13? PLEASE grow sweet baby!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"