2nd Trimester
Options

quick question,,,,just wondering

i notice i sleep on my back a lot, but when i do notice it i turn to my side

im just wondering if sleeping on my back is ok??

im also starting to notice my hands and feet falling a sleep really quick too, its starting to drive me CRAZY!!!! i hate waking up and not being able to feel my hands am i the only one this is happening to? 

NiCkY=]

Re: quick question,,,,just wondering

• Options

After 20 weeks pregnant women shouldn't sleep on their backs. I cant find where I recently read this but here is a link to another site that can answer your questions.

https://www.babycenter.com/406_is-it-safe-to-sleep-on-my-back-during-pregnancy_1245287.bc 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    During your 2nd and 3rd trimester, you shouldn't intentionally sleep or exercise on your back because it can restrict some blood flow to your lower limbs from the weight of your uterus. However, if you wake up that way and turn over, you're fine. Your body will let you know when it needs to shift. As far as your hands or feet tingling, some is normal, but make sure you have proper movement and/or positioning to keep blood moving properly.
    imageimage imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm constantly waking up on my back... still at 22 weeks...  The only trick I have found is to put my body pillow behind me.  This limits me from rolling all the way onto my back.

As for the hand numbness; I found this worse for me a couple months ago, but I was really trying to sleep on my side.  I found that the side sleeping increased the likelihood of that.

Now that I have my pillow behind my back, I find most my problems are reduced... now if only I could find a way to stop snoring, kicking my DH (I have RLS), and make more room in the bed for more pillows to cushion me. Smile

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Options
    I JUST asked my doctor about this at my appointment yesterday because I'm a back sleeper, too. She said once I hit 20 weeks I should only be sleeping on my left side, so I need to start getting used to that now. Blah.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options

imagepinottoparenthood:
    She said once I hit 20 weeks I should only be sleeping on my left side, so I need to start getting used to that now. Blah.

I am constantly waking up on my right side, on a scale of one to terrible, I wonder where that falls...  

imageimageimageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"