July 2012 Moms

Oh my gawwwwwwd (my MOTHER)

I'm one of the ones around here whose MIL is fine but my own mom is a nut.  Case in point:  I posted on FB last night, "I just realized I've never made french toast. And I don't know how. Domestic FAIL."  She left a NOVEL of a comment, making sure all my fb friends who were posting "haha!" knew that she did in fact teach me how to make it, along with this and this and this and this, blah blah blah.  She was a great mom, you know!  Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware!   Ugh.  On top of that, she also sent me a private message reading, "Your Mama can tell you how to make French Toast. All you have to do is ask. You never asked. Your Mom is here for you."  AHHHHH!  Drama over french toast, really??!  Yes, really.  That's my mom.  UGH.

Re: Oh my gawwwwwwd (my MOTHER)

• imagehibiscus29:
    Wow, that is too funny.nbsp; Does she have a complex or something?

Yeah she has a "everything my children do in life they do TO ME" complex. EVERYthing is about her. Even when my marriage was in dire trouble years ago, it was something my husband and I were doing TO HER. Seriously.

• imageSallySunrise:

I'm one of the ones around here whose MIL is fine but my own mom is a nut.  Case in point:  I posted on FB last night, "I just realized I've never made french toast. And I don't know how. Domestic FAIL."  She left a NOVEL of a comment, making sure all my fb friends who were posting "haha!" knew that she did in fact teach me how to make it, along with this and this and this and this, blah blah blah.  She was a great mom, you know!  Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware!   Ugh.  On top of that, she also sent me a private message reading, "Your Mama can tell you how to make French Toast. All you have to do is ask. You never asked. Your Mom is here for you."  AHHHHH!  Drama over french toast, really??!  Yes, really.  That's my mom.  UGH.

This sounds just like my mom. I feel your pain! I'm sorry that she did that. Is there any way to delete the post? I would & then I'd ask her... in a Private Message that the next time she wants to write a novel for a comment (& any from here on out, actually), just send it in a Private Message. Not everything has to be put on the wall for all to see.

It's annoying that a simple comment which was entirely innocent (can't make french toast) can be flipped into something so dramatic & all about Her & it's ridiculous. I feel like saying to my mom when she pulls these 'stunts' "Calm down-stop being so defensive. Nobody is questioning your Mothering Abilities. But it's obviously a concern of your's, thus why you jumped in the way you had. Relax already! I'm over your insecurities." 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSallySunrise:
    imagehibiscus29:
    Wow, that is too funny.nbsp; Does she have a complex or something?
    Yeah she has a "everything my children do in life they do TO ME" complex. EVERYthing is about her. Even when my marriage was in dire trouble years ago, it was something my husband and I were doing TO HER. Seriously.

I think our mom's could be best friends LOL! This is my mom too. It sucks because it makes me alienate her. Thank god mine cant figure out Facebook. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Sounds like my MIL!  She can make anything dramatic!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've had to delete entire posts and pictures before because of a comment my mom has made. My sister does it too so I don't feel as bad. Now I rarely post anything

• Gah sounds like my mom! She's a drama queen too!
    image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Holy crap are we sisters?! This is EXACTLY what my mom would do and she would bring it up for the next month. My mil though is totally normal.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You've never made french toast?

Stick out tongue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"