February 2012 Moms

Another ear infection!

This makes #4 for Allison already...two have been double ear infections.

My poor monkey...Anyone know how to prevent these?  I asked the doctor and she said there really wasn't a way, some kids just get them more than others.

I hate ear infections.

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

Re: Another ear infection!

• Poor thing :(

Asher has had two double ear infections and his doctor said if he gets another within the next few months, we'll start talking about tubes. Has your doctor brought up tubes at all?

My one year old niece recently got tubes and she is a completely different kid now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate to say it but, tubes.  With DS1 we were so hesitant to do it we waited until he was two hoping he would outgrow it.  Looking back I wish we would've saved us all the pain and sleepless nights and done it earlier.  I'm not by any means saying you should consider this now but it's just something to keep in mind for down the road if they continue.  I hope she gets better soon. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The doctor hasn't mentioned tubes yet but both DH and I had a ton of them as kids and my sister had tubes...now she gets ear infections all the time so they make me nervous.

I just feel so bad, like I'm doing something to cause them.  Bad mommy moment, even the doctor said we aren't doing anything wrong.  I don't like her being "sick" this much...poor kid.

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• We just found out AJ has another...number 5 for us. I expected the dr to bring up tubes, but she said he's not to that point yet. DH took him, and according to him she said to make sure we're changing his sheets daily? I have no idea how that relates and my husband isn't the best at relaying information. She could have been talking about something else. She's also not out regular dr so who knows...but I'll try anything!
    Mom to AJ: 2/16/2012

Elliott Woodson due 8/2/2015!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageLSquared3960:
    We just found out AJ has another...number 5 for us. I expected the dr to bring up tubes, but she said he's not to that point yet. DH took him, and according to him she said to make sure we're changing his sheets daily? I have no idea how that relates and my husband isn't the best at relaying information. She could have been talking about something else. She's also not out regular dr so who knows...but I'll try anything!

Ummmm...no?  Does she have any idea what a PITA it is to change sheets?!  I don't know about anyone else but I swear ours shrink every single time!  I make DH do it once a week and it is funny to watch!

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• I know I thought the same thing! I always conveniently remember to change his sheet while I'm feeding AJ so DH does it. It sucks!
    Mom to AJ: 2/16/2012

Elliott Woodson due 8/2/2015!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • No advice on how to prevent them but DS had tubes because he had ear infections from 9m to 14m.  They are awesome the surgery is fast and super fast recovery.  DS started talking and walking the day he came home from surgery at 14month.  If you want to talk about getting tubes PM me. 

Missed m/c 10/25/10 @ 11.5 weeks

• No advice but I hope she gets better quickly!
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • If the infections are caused by bacteria breeding in the fluid in the ear then I think tubes are about the only thing that can help until the eustachian tube develops more.

DD just got tubes last Thursday at 8 months old because in 4 months there were a total of 3 weeks that she wasn't on antibiotics for ear infections. We were to the point that I was as worried about the permanent damage the ear infections were doing as I was about the surgery so it seemed worth it. The surgery was literally 10 minutes. It did take 3 days before she really seemed back to her old self but if they help it will be so worth it for her to hear normally and not be in near constant pain.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"